Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Unimportant
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, but a friend of mine has been using my G5 but it died and he wants to pick up a mouse but literally his budget is around $20, he mainly plays games like: Minecraft, Guildwars, L4D2, Borderlands, Diablo 3, Saints Row, he really doesn't care about macros. So quality for the price whats out there?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Depends on your definition of 'full-sized". It's on the smaller side of mice but not tiny. I agree on the recommendation, awesome mouse especially for the price. Just keep the receipt for a few months in case you get a defective one and one of the main buttons craps out.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Try to get a 30usd budget and buy a sharkoon drakonia or roccat lua, steelseries kinzu v2,gamdias demeter/apollo/hades/ourea, Thermaltake Talon,azza diablo,Azio GM2400 or azio levetron, rosewill helix,evga torq x10, cooler master recon,thermaltake sapphira or razr abyssus

·
Not a Linux Lobbyist
1,216 Posts
The G100s is basically an mx300 shape but rounded at the edges. Many people like smaller mice as they tend to be lighter and more agile, but it's not undersized like the Pyra or the Asian Salmosa, just something not adhering to the "bigger is better" mock philosophy.

I'd recommend the G100s to anybody looking for an entry level, 20€ mouse. At that price you will hardly find better.
Cons: maximum polling 500Hz, low fps , low tracking speed (~2.5m/s ). For the games mentioned these things shouldn't be a problem.
Pros: generally considered a good shape, light, decent sensor, Omron clicks.

Kinzu V2 has some angle snapping and lower tracking speed.
Lua has higher tracking speed, but is very jittery above 500cpi. Also seems to have minor angle-snapping. This is valid for all adns 3050 mice

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
WMO etc. are indeed great too, but then you'll also have to use the polling rate workaround for 500/1000hz to make them work reasonably. Plus getting them that cheap might be an issue depending on where you live, not gonna try and estimate.

·
Not a Linux Lobbyist
1,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombom View Post

IME

WMO

ggwp
He he yeah in away.. but it's a pretty peculiar choice these days, it's more of a mouse for who knows what he wants. And build quality is pretty low, soldering experience is advised.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargas290X View Post

Like others have said, the G100s has the same shape as the mx300. I used to play so many old school games with that mouse, it's a great shape.
Too bad it's the lowest quality logitech mouse ever made. Even the U96 pilot OEM mouse that used the same shape was better quality and felt more sturdy.

Mine is now also breaking down with middle mouse doing 2-3 clicks and LMB failing to register clicks, so it's not just how it feels cheap plastic, it actually is ****ty and will break down.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm sure I'll get flak for this, but this is the mouse I use at home and on my gaming computer (I have one branded Monoprice, and one branded Pixxo). It's basic, but huge, and I love it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not in stock anywhere. It was THIS ONE though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
G100s is nice. I often see DA 3Gs (1800DPI) for sale on Ebay for under $20USD, those are also nice.
I say if you want a smaller mouse go G100s. If you want a bigger, more palm orientated mouse go DA 3G.

Also G100s seems to be looked at as more true of a mouse sensor wise and also offers lower click lag vs. DA 3G, but 3G gives a higher max tracking speed (aka you can move your mouse quicker before it malfunctions).
G100s is ~3m/s DA 3G is ~4.5m/s.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the 3G max tracking speed, I know it's at least over 4m/s)

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,885 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: lemans81
1 - 20 of 22 Posts