Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to buy a Steelseries 7g, then heard it. I then listened to the sound of Cherry Blue and Brown and felt these were too loud too.

I was wondering what people think would be the best NON mechnical keyboard (assuming that it would be quieter). I would prefer it to be...

1) black

2) 'Clean' looking like Steelseries 7G

I'm not worried about macros, and neither about back-lighting.

The keyboard would be used in games (FPS predominantly) but of course for general web browsing the the usual tasks too (but not for large typing sessions).

Thanks.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,071 Posts
What you heard wasn't the sound of the switches, but rather the sound of the keys being bottomed out due to hitting the keys a little too hard. Of course, the other sound was the sound of the keys popping back up. But of course, the Cherry MX Blues do produce those mechanical clicks.

So if you're looking for a nearly dead-silent keyboard, then someone may need to help you find a good scissor switch keyboard. The scissor switch type is most commonly used in laptops, so that's basically what type of keyboard you'd end up with.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Decent advice though...

I'm going to suggest the Sidewinder X4:

microsoft-sidewinder-x4-keyboard.jpg

Cleaner looking than the X6, the red backlight isn't distracting, and can do 16-17 key rollover, which stomps the **** out of the Black Widow.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can always consider a Realforce. It is mechanical, quiet, and feels great. Expensive, but you can experience good feeling of oneness with cup rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts