Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first time posting:

I am setting up a new rig for my brother and i know that i want to go 939, hence posting in the AMD forum. Anyways, i wanted to know what the best board is for overclocking. I have always heard good things about DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D's but when i was looking at the reviews on newegg, people were saying that the northbridge hs+fan would get in the way of the video cards exhaust. Also, i have heard that the Asus A8N32 is also really good although its $250 and i am not looking to pay that much. I am not sure if i will ever SLI because IMO it isn't the most cost effective thing to do.

Nick

·
Registered
252 Posts
hi there, currently i am using the msi k8n neo2 platinum, wich offcourse is agp 8x.
i have my 3200 venice overclocked to 2800 mhz 24/7 and it works great and fast and it is 100% stable. so i would recommend it most certenly!

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
The DFI UT Lanparties are the best there are currently, The SLi-DR Expert being the best, followed by the SLi-DR and Ultra-D. The chipset fan rarley casues a serious issue.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have the lanparty sli-d and it suites me fine. I did not have one problem at all. I didn't even have to do a windows re install and my value ram works fine on it. I thought it was going to help me overclock but now i realize it is my winnie core that is holding me back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts