Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an AMD athlon 64 3500 and what i assume to be a not so great motherboard (gigabyte k8ns ultra-939) i have 2 different brands of memory, and i know its a good idea to go with a matched pair. one stick of 512 i picked up cheap at compusa when i was first putting it together, so im sure it sucks. im completely confused about overclocking because the OCing utility that came with the board sucks and i dont know how to do it thru bios yet. but im out to learn. so i need to upgrade and i was wondering what peoples suggestions are. i just got a new antec 480watt true blue powersuppy from compusa that i can return cause i got a friend who works there and she always hooks me up. thought that might be of some importance for building major overclocking. anyhoo, lets hear what yall think.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The MSI Neo2 Platinum is about the best Socket 939 board right now, though the ASUS A8V is good too. Prety soon (next couple months or so) DFI is going to release their line of Socket 939 boards, and if they're anything like their 754 boards, they'll be the best around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts