Core Clock - 830mhz
Memory Clock - 2004mhz
Fan Speed % - Auto.

Overclock Speeds

Core Voltage - 1150
Core Clock - 1110mhz
Memory Clock - 2004mhz
Fan Speed % - Auto.

Now my question is, should I reduce the core clock and boost the memory clock? What would give me the best balance and best performance for gaming (guild wars 2 to be precise)

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
okey, im really not an oc expert, but if you are using MSI AB, you should have noticed that your default GPU memory clock is twice that of your GPU core clock? if not, try it MSI AB at default set up.

Besides there lots of forums that are saying that GPU memory shall not be less than twice of what your GPU core clock. You can google or go to MSI AB forum, link below

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by znarf View Post

okey, im really not an oc expert, but if you are using MSI AB, you should have noticed that your default GPU memory clock is twice that of your GPU core clock? if not, try it MSI AB at default set up.
Besides there lots of forums that are saying that GPU memory shall not be less than twice of what your GPU core clock. You can google or go to MSI AB forum, link below
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
do you mean 2.41? not 2.14? because 830(cc) x 2.41 is 2004(mc)

·
Registered
182 Posts
its really up to you for as long as your memory clock is not less than twice on whatever your GPU Core Clock value is.

just remember the basic:

"Memory core clock shall not be less than twice of whatever GPU Core clock value you got" when overclocking GPU.

for me I've got 2 x GTX 560Ti DCll (ASUS) SLI stable at the following settings:

my FPS is at around at 90.5 max using MSI AB monitoring.

GPU core clock at 1050Mhz,

Memory Clock set at 2.14 x 1050Mhz = 2247Mhz

Core voltage set at max of 1050

i'm using both latest Nvidia driver and MSI AB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At the moment I have my GTX 560 TI stabilized from :

(stock)

Core Voltage - 1012
Core Clock - 830mhz
Memory Clock - 2004mhz
Fan Speed % - Auto.

Overclock Speeds

Core Voltage - 1150
Core Clock - 1110mhz
Memory Clock - 2004mhz
Fan Speed % - Auto.

Now my question is, should I reduce the core clock and boost the memory clock? What would give me the best balance and best performance for gaming (guild wars 2 to be precise)

Thanks!

Try to overclock your memory to 2230 for better performance and fan speed to 45% it is quiet and it cools nice idle temp is 30-37celsius and while running games like league of legends its on max for me about 50-60 degrees

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.