Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I currently have a couple 512 matched sticks of the OCZ Platinum 3200 (2-2-2-5) and I can get it to run at 2.5v with a fsb of 211 stable... If I jump up the vdimm to 2.7+ it doesnt do me any good as far as overclocking, it wont let me go any further so I figure i must need to adjust the timings.

Which parameters in the 2-2-2-5 should I loosen up a bit to be able to overclock the fsb a bit more? This is where I'm n00bish, I'm not sure exactly what each number is for (i know the definitions and technical denotations but it doesnt make sense to me).

Would something like 2-3-3-6 work or??? Can someone help me out as to what timings may be good for this ram when it comes to overclocking it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The more you loosen the timings, to more the RAM will clock. Also giving more vDIMM will definately help (and that RAM is covered by warranty up to 3.1 volts).

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rep point for you!

Ok so it's currently maxing out at 213 with a vdimm of 2.8 at 2-2-2-5.

What are decent timings that won't create a large noticable difference in mem speed that should let me squeeze out a few more mhz? Something like 2-3-3-10 or is that just a ******ed timing or what? rofl.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
2-3-3-10 is good, but what I would personally try to get the best balance of bus speed and timings is 2.5-3-3-10.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

2-3-3-10 is good, but what I would personally try to get the best balance of bus speed and timings is 2.5-3-3-10.

Thanks Yiffy, u da man

Here's what I ended up with until I get a new psu / case / water cooling setup. I got it going good at 2-3-3-5 for a fsb of 236 which is what it maxes at no matter what kind of timing slacks I give it past the 2-3-3-5, vdimm is at 2.8.

Gave me a great gain over the 100 that I was stuck at before, so now i'm at a stable 300+ mhz gain, thanks again Yif!

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

I have timings of 2-3-3-7 and it runs fine over here

and when you up that Vdimm you can tighten those timings

... klike OCZ accually gets better timings under 3.1v than stock 2.6 or what ever stock is

I'd try and tighten mine some more but my mobo only allows me a max of 2.8 on the vdimm. I'm sure I could mod the board for 3.1 but I dont want to take any chances.

When I get one of the new 939 lanparty boards I should be able to get it up there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts