Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there folks

I want to purchase a controller to play Fifa12 and racing games.

Should i go for a 360 controller? or would you recommend me another one?

·
Storage Nut
21,138 Posts
I <3 my 360 controller. but if you want you can get a steering wheel for racing.

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah 360 one is actually my favorite but since i dont know much I was wondering if there is an even better one.

But for many reason, as compatibility being one, I will probably go after it.

I dont play racing games much so I wont but a wheel for that though. I could play racing games fine with my PS3 controller in PS3 before so that will be enough.

EDIT : Wireless or Wired?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Wireless xbox controllers will only work with a receiver. You can't use the Play-n-charge cable (or whatever its called) as it doesnt actually send a signal, it just charges the remote and tells the computer/xbox that there is something hooked up to give it power. Wired remotes will work. PS3 remotes will work through their cable with Motionjoy tool to emulate an xbox remote. Thats as far as console remotes.

I have never been a fan of remotes from brands other than the console maker so I can't comment on any. They just never felt right to me. Not saying there might not be a better one out there though...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Logitech F710 series which is both Dxinput and Xinput controller. it has a switch on the rear. To switch from Dxinput to X-input on the fly. The F710 is wireles while the F310 and 510 are corded. They layout they uses is the PS3 layout.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Xbox 360 controller is your best bet

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would go for the XBox 360 controller as well. I have the wireless and have no lag what so ever in any game. As far as charging I picked up a Xbox 360 chargering station that came with battery packs for two controllers for $19.95 not to bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts