Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I need your advice to build my new PC , I'm not updated with the latest processors, graphic cards, sound cards ..etc. So I will need your advice in each category, please.

- Processor ?
- Graphic card?
- Motherboard?
- Soundcard?
- Bluray Drive?
- Anything else?

Waiting for your help guys .. thanks
 

·
Man with Fans
Joined
·
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by overclockingXTC View Post
For intense video editing a Phenom II x6 1090T will do great for the cpu.
This.
And it's a lot cheaper than the competition too.
 

·
Tired
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Well here is what I would get.
Bang for Buck:
CPU: AMD Phenom II
GPU: ATI HD Radeon 5770
Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70
Sound: Well I never get sound cards, I don't have much expertise with this.
Bluray Drive: Anything by Plextor really

though if you have lots of money on hand, for CPU get the i7 980 Etreme edition, and GPU get the ATI HD Radeon 5970


And if you go for the Intel side of CPUs, get either a Gigabyte or MSI Motherboard that supports Intel CPUs. Those are by far the best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by overclockingXTC View Post
For intense video editing a Phenom II x6 1090T will do great for the cpu.
I want to use the pc for Bluray ripping .. and convert it to mkv

Do you still recommend it ? Or another cheaper one?

Thanks mate
 

·
Tired
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by costa
View Post

I want to use the pc for Bluray ripping .. and convert it to mkv

Do you still recommend it ? Or another cheaper one?

Thanks mate

Well bluray ripping is quite intensive in and out of itself, especially if you want to do it at a like 12x speed or something. That processor is really great for anything really, stock speeds are good in and out of theme self, and people love overclocking it in case they don't have enough speeds. And it is cheap! Processors that powerful by Intel are near the thousand dollar range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I myself rip and re-encode bluray. I can tell you that it takes me around 30-40 mins to rip a 50GB bluray and the re-encode takes anywhere from 2hrs 40mins-3hrs 45mins with my 930 at 3.8ghz. Im not to sure if mkvmerge or ripbot264 support 6 core processors or not, but if they do im sure the re-encode times would be much faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I think mother board is best. It is the underlying circuit board of a computer. The central processing unit, Random Access Memory. It is first and foremost the thing that holds all of the internal components, and connects them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeckbets View Post
I think mother board is best. It is the underlying circuit board of a computer. The central processing unit, Random Access Memory. It is first and foremost the thing that holds all of the internal components, and connects them.
Yes. In soviet Russia, car drives you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by costa View Post
Hello all

I need your advice to build my new PC , I'm not updated with the latest processors, graphic cards, sound cards ..etc. So I will need your advice in each category, please.

- Processor ?
- Graphic card?
- Motherboard?
- Soundcard?
- Bluray Drive?
- Anything else?

Waiting for your help guys .. thanks
I would recommend my system, built it specifically for bluray ripping, encoding, conversion and burning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what a salesman suggested for my request :

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
Motherboard : Gigabyte: GA-H55M-D2H
Ram: 4 GB
Graphic Card : ATI Radeon™ HD 5570 Graphics

Will this do the work I want ?

Waiting for your replies guys.

Thanks
 

·
Tired
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by costa
View Post

Here is what a salesman suggested for my request :

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
Motherboard : Gigabyte: GA-H55M-D2H
Ram: 4 GB
Graphic Card : ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5570 Graphics

Will this do the work I want ?

Waiting for your replies guys.

Thanks

Well he doesn't know much


4GB for anything nowadays is clearly to little if you are planning on running an OS later than XP, which is now like I would guess 80% of PC owners. OS's themselves take up a lot of RAM, Vista recommendeds 2GB, 7 REQUIRES 2GB, therefore you will have in the end a little bit less than 2 GB of temp. memory to work with! People are clearly moving to the 6 and 8 GB systems. So thats one thing. Another thing is that I don't thing you require a great GPU for just Blu Ray, so the 5770 is way to much, I would go with a way cheaper card, like the 4770 or something! CPU is alright, but doesn't have much cores, the CPU we recommended has 6, at a cheap price! and is quite powerful! Motherboard I wouldn't really care about, as long as it is a decent one that uses AMD chips.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by costa
View Post

Here is what a salesman suggested for my request :

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
Motherboard : Gigabyte: GA-H55M-D2H
Ram: 4 GB
Graphic Card : ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5570 Graphics

Will this do the work I want ?

Waiting for your replies guys.

Thanks

4 gigs look good for me, but somehow i think you will get ripped off with that 5570
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my budget is 1100$ for this pc (I have a monitor)

I'm confused .. and I don't have much information about PC hardware!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK .. thanks guys for the help

Here is what I will get after reading your replies and checking other threads on this forum :

Motherboard: Gigabyte : GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.1) "Built in Graphic Card"

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T

Memory : 6GB

Hard Drive : WD 2 TB
Monitor : Viewsonic VX2739wm "Got it"

OS: Windows 7 Professional X64 "Got it"

Sound : Integrated

What do u think ?

Thanks again for your replies
 

·
Tired
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by costa
View Post

OK .. thanks guys for the help

Here is what I will get after reading your replies and checking other threads on this forum :

Motherboard: Gigabyte : GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.1) "Built in Graphic Card"

CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1090T

Memory : 6GB

Hard Drive : WD 2 TB
Monitor : Viewsonic VX2739wm "Got it"

OS: Windows 7 Professional X64 "Got it"

Sound : Integrated

What do u think ?

Thanks again for your replies

Pretty cool! I like it! Though wheres the optical drive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarbingerOfLive View Post
Pretty cool! I like it! Though wheres the optical drive?
I will get LG Bluray combo drive.

Thanks mate .
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top