Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in the total geek mood and I'm searching the net for the best PC gadgets. The thing is all I seem to find is the crappy usb novelty gifts not the real inivitive ones. So whats you favorite PC related gadget?

Also does anyone know the best site for seeing whats new with gadgets like home automation or other cool PC gadgets?

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
It's simple. but I love my Arctic Cooling USB fan. To use a rather cliché term, "it keeps me cool in the heat of the moment"... that moment being trying to kill spiders in Darwinia D:

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAI_JAZZER
View Post

take a old hdd apart get to spinning platters then stick a piece of sand paper to it then power it on. now you have a sanding tool

Or, attach razor blades to it and you have a USB powered electric shaver. Dangerous, but, effective.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Thinking about it, is there potentially a massive risk to taking apart an HD and attaching razor blades to the platters? I have loads of flat blades (I use a 50's Gillete razor) and want to try it without slicing myself open.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 98uk
View Post

Thinking about it, is there potentially a massive risk to taking apart an HD and attaching razor blades to the platters? I have loads of flat blades (I use a 50's Gillete razor) and want to try it without slicing myself open.

If you are what your Avatar says then your good to go

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAI_JAZZER
View Post

take a old hdd apart get to spinning platters then stick a piece of sand paper to it then power it on. now you have a sanding tool

Sharp objects on a 7200rpm ghetto rotating device.. seems safe to me.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
I'm going to do, I mean, how hard can it be? I shall build it whilst watching F1. I have a Hitachi Deskstar 400GB 7200RPM drive from 2005 sitting around.

EDIT: Foiled, it has those weird star shaped screw heads

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would go for a USB rock.

You figure out what it does
tongue.gif

·
Registered
167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgg123321
View Post

Sharp objects on a 7200rpm ghetto rotating device.. seems safe to me.

Made me lawl so hard
Epic win. Dream Cheeky - Big Red Button - sure you could actually make a practical use for this. Otherwise they have a missile launcher with webcam - what's funnier than a webcam that you can use and then log in remotely and shoot people in that room, without being in that room
But if you have a webcam why not get a missile launcher one

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.