Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List your best PC games ever made below, any genre.

·
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)
776 Posts
Half Life 1

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post

Half Life 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmi_teddy View Post

QFT. Half life was by far the greatest pc game ever made.
Half life 1 and all the mods were simply amazing, Quake III was a good one also, Skyrim, Starcraft and Diablo, cant remember more the top of my head, but Half life 1 is and will always be epic!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Half-life
Counter-Strike
Starcraft
World of Warcraft (Even though I don't play it)
Duke Nukem
Doom 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
American McGee's Alice
Max Payne
and Myst (lol jk only good if you're a masochist)

Edit: And I might add Skyrim, it's downloading right now I'll update after I take it for a test flight
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Diablo Nuff said.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hmm... Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Portal 1 & 2, The Monkey Island series (1,2,3)... those come to mind right now...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Half Life 1 or TESIII Morrowind it's a toss up for me

*And for those who are thinking Oblivion or even worse Skyrim, play Morrowind and you will know they're lesser games.

*Oh but I want to add Starcraft... And KOTOR... And Fallout 2... OHHH Portal too... CIV III... Damn really depends in what mood I'm in, RPG FPS RTS... grr

·
Premium Member
5,114 Posts
Command and Conquer, they don't drag a series out for 20 years if it isn't good. (And IIRC 17 games released, and 3 more announced.)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Everyone knows Big Rigs: Over the Road acing is the best game evr made.

·
Overclocker
2,744 Posts
One of the best has to be Call of Duty and the expansion Call of Duty: United Offensive...best single and multiplayer games ever and it was catered to PC since it didn't even exist on any console.

They had tons of mods, custom maps, 60+ player servers, and vehicles. It was fricken epic and it redefined the FPS genre imo.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Half-Life 2 is way better then Half-Life 1 dudes. HL1 is way more standard issue corridor shooter. HL2 brough incredible art into the series and with the exception of maybe Uncharted 2 I don't think a second game in a franchise has been quite as big a step forward from the first.

Too many great PC games to list though. It's not like consoles where you can go by generation.

Quick list

Tie Fighter
Quake
HL
System Shock 2
No one lives forever 2
Unreal Tournament
Baldur's Gate 2
KOTOR
Crysis (I'm mainly listing this here for graphics and while some would argue it the game is almost 5 years old now and you could still make a decent argument it's the best looking game in the world. Pretty amazing achievement)

etc etc

• Rep+
Reactions: DMills

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post

Half-Life 2 is way better then Half-Life 1 dudes. HL1 is way more standard issue corridor shooter.
Half-Life was by no means standard for its time. While it was not as graphically impressive as when Half-Life 2 launched, it redefined what a quality fps story could be. IMO no fps since has matched the narrative of the original Half-Life.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts