Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
yep, you can't go wrong with that. and it's hassle free too since you don't need to flash the bios.

• Rep+
Reactions: Shooter116

·
Introibo Ad Altar Dei
2,066 Posts
I would personally stick with the Gigabyte board. I have used dozens of Gigabyte boards to build PC's, never once had a DOA or any problems with one. They are good quality and that's a good price, you will def meet your OC needs. It looks prettier too.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
overall cpu ht for that cpu is 2000mhz. mobos have 2600mhz ht speed, but keep in mind that it's dual so that's an overall of 5200mhz.

• Rep+

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I own that motherboard and it has been nothing but great for me.
That, and there is a BIOS from Gigabyte that is specifically meant to unlock the 4th core on 720.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by videoman5 View Post
I own that motherboard and it has been nothing but great for me.
That, and there is a BIOS from Gigabyte that is specifically meant to unlock the 4th core on 720.
I think your MB is slightly different, as it only supports AM3, but that looks to be the only difference besides the HT rating, so I see where you are coming from. I think I will go with it!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter116 View Post
The thing that made me question was the HyperTransport rating of 2000mhz rather than 2600mhz on most other AM2+ boards. I don't really know exactly what HT is, but is it that much of a difference?
i just recently put together my build with this board and so far im LOVING it~ first time trying gigabyte other than DFI's and its pretty good, this was by far teh HEAVIEST mobo i've ever owned/ used, seriously..this board weights more than the usual, and i've been wondering about that too, the ht speed, but really. it supports 2600mhz, as you can see, 5200/2000, which means k8 mode - ht 1000(2000) or am2+, am3 2600(5200), so dont get full, and besides..theres not one cpu out yet from amd that does 2600 anyway, so far..2000ht(4000) is their limit...but you can look over at some dfi's if you'd like and i tihnk theyre having a 720BE deal with the 790GP version of that board for even 10bucks less than this board. might wanna look at that if you wanna have some onboard graphics and save teh hassle to flash the bios and still unlock the 4th core from the 720. i updated my boards bios to F2b and it unlocked it, but mine was not stable no matter what i do to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts