Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I am not sure if this is where this should go, so if its not I apologize. Second I am not talking about Pirating.

I would like to test my new monitor with some 1080p videos. I don't have a blu ray drive so I cannot play any of my blu ray movies I have yet. Is there a place to get 1080p "test" videos or trailers. I know Apple is one. but I don't really want to download their software. Any other place anyone can think of.

Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Youtube supports 1080 videos ,just go and watch for free.

• Rep+
Reactions: Zippy476

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
its a bit borderline on illegal "piracy", but a lot of pirated HD movies on torrent sites come with a sample clip, which is far better than youtube because you can try it out in your media player of choice

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy476 View Post
What is the best player for W7?
The best player period is VLC media player. I say best period because it is on Windows, Linux, and Mac. It will play anything.

·
Registered
452 Posts
you could check for torrents of legal stuff. I just searched 1080p and found a victorias secret fashion show in 1080p. Dunno if thats illegal but might be worth looking into

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by toMsons1987 View Post
Dude, seriously just rip a movie in 1080p. Not condoning it, but just see for yourself. Do it on a movie you own and there is nothing wrong with that at all. So in my instance, like Spiderman 3.

Dude please don't do that, I don't want this thread closed and my banned for inciting piracy.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toMsons1987 View Post
Dude, seriously just rip a movie in 1080p. Not condoning it, but just see for yourself. Do it on a movie you own and there is nothing wrong with that at all. So in my instance, like Spiderman 3.

[link removed]

So true, but the MPAA/RIAA wants to make us believe it is illegal to even rip a CD that you own, FROM the CD. So from their point of view, portable media players are illegal

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
So true, but the MPAA/RIAA wants to make us believe it is illegal to even rip a CD that you own, FROM the CD. So from their point of view, portable media players are illegal
If it was up to them I'm sure they would be. And using your home stereo when other people are in the house would require a broadcast license.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy476 View Post
Dude please don't do that, I don't want this thread closed and my banned for inciting piracy.
In that case, Edit your post and delete the link to the torrent also. The mods still don't like you quoting it either. They see it the same as if you post it yourself.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
The best player period is VLC media player. I say best period because it is on Windows, Linux, and Mac. It will play anything.
But... I noticed that VLC player has a hard time seeking when playing uncompressed raw AVI files from a mini DV camera. For that GOM player seems to be perfect.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I use VLC Player and DivX, nothing more you really need other than these two.

I really hope he downloaded something, so he knows for sure. Who cares what other people think.

• Rep+
Reactions: Zippy476

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you might wanna look into media player classic or MPC for short. just google k-lite mega codec pack.

this thing runs things that VLC couldn't. I have a large collection of videos and this is best for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts