Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
I would go with the Asus P5WD2-E Premium. It runs on the new 975x chipset, and it's supposed to be an insanely good board.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omg...rep for you but I am going to kill myself... 3 days ago when I looked at it and I was about to buy it.........now it is out of stock...... dammit. Btw which presler should I get? the 3.2 at 467 or the 3.4 at 718

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

Omg...rep for you but I am going to kill myself... 3 days ago when I looked at it and I was about to buy it.........now it is out of stock...... dammit. Btw which presler should I get? the 3.2 at 467 or the 3.4 at 718

Shouldnt really matter. With the ASUS board and good cooling you should be able to get it up to over 4GHz.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
go for the 3.2, its cheaper and only 200 mhz slower... u can make up for that with the good mobo and OCing...

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
The E-Premium has been bouncing in and out of stock there.

If you wait and put yourself on their autonotify you have a better chance of grabbing one.....sometime.

I agree the E is a good buy since the 975 will likely support the Conroe chips........but if that is not a major concern, or your budget is tight (like mine was) or you just can't wait to build a new system, get the P5WD2-Premium.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131534

$199 right now (I paid $205 two weeks ago LOL)

The only difference as far as I can see is the chipset......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts