Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide which p67 board I should go with, and it is extremely hard for me to decide. I'm going to be purchasing tomorrow, so I need to know tonight hopefully.

I'm just wondering, what board do you guys think has the best price to performance/feature ratio? What board would be the absolute best deal for $200 or less?

I'm interested to see what you guys say.


Thanks!

EDIT: I guess it would help if I told you guys what I would be using it for, I would be using a single card only, so no need for tons of pci-e slots, I plan on overclocking my 2500k as high as possible, so it needs to have good power delivery, and also it needs to look good with a black/silver build.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
I'd personally wait for the EVGA boards to get released. They're usually top-end and the P67 SLI is supposed to be ~$199.

If you're going with something by tonight, Get a UD4 or P8P67, PRO or EVO. I can't really recommend much in the 1155 arena, haven't looked much up


They shouldn't be too much different from P55 boards, however, in terms of features.
 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nick0matic
View Post

I'd personally wait for the EVGA boards to get released. They're usually top-end and the P67 SLI is supposed to be ~$199.

If you're going with something by tonight, Get a UD4 or P8P67, PRO or EVO. I can't really recommend much in the 1155 arena, haven't looked much up


They shouldn't be too much different from P55 boards, however, in terms of features.

I was looking heavily at getting the ud4, it seems like a better overclockers board than the lower end asus boards. Also, the msi gd65 and biostar XE were intriguing, but i'm not too sure about them.

Quote:


Originally Posted by bl1nk
View Post

Most everyone is agreeing that this board is currently the best bang for your buck:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-217-_-Product

Eww, I don't really like asrock. Good for cheap builds, but I would never buy one of their boards for a long term overclocked build.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
Id et UD4 or p8ppro, you can give biostar and others a look too. Honestly all these boards OC the same, as long as they have CPU PLL Overvoltage. IDk about EVGA as they had most of their MOBO team stolen by saphire and then lost shamino who is the reason the classy was a good board, other than that evga is low quality crap.
 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

Id et UD4 or p8ppro, you can give biostar and others a look too. Honestly all these boards OC the same, as long as they have CPU PLL Overvoltage. IDk about EVGA as they had most of their MOBO team stolen by saphire and then lost shamino who is the reason the classy was a good board, other than that evga is low quality crap.

What advantages does the UD4 have over the p8p67 pro? Also, how is biostar in terms of bios support and warranty? I heard those were the two areas they lacked in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
oh idk, i have no idea about BIOstar, id check if ti has CPU PLL Overvoltage before i buy it tho.

IDk about advantages, it would be in the specs. Features set P67 boards apart. The UD4 is the P8p direct competitor, i have seen them hit 5.3-5.5ghz i have seen a UD4 has the WR for blck on SB, all these boards OC the same, you just need to know how to OC it, as in take more than a few hours to find your Max OC.
 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

oh idk, i have no idea about BIOstar, id check if ti has CPU PLL Overvoltage before i buy it tho.

IDk about advantages, it would be in the specs. Features set P67 boards apart. The UD4 is the P8p direct competitor, i have seen them hit 5.3-5.5ghz i have seen a UD4 has the WR for blck on SB, all these boards OC the same, you just need to know how to OC it, as in take more than a few hours to find your Max OC.

Yeah, that's why i'm rethinking spending so much money on a motherboard, when they all oc pretty much the same. I might check out that biostar board though, seems like a great feature set for the price.

Any other biostar p67 owners or previos biostar owners want to share their experiences? How is the warranty/rma service? How often do they produce bios updates for their boards?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,859 Posts
Biostar TP67XE. Biostar consistently produces great motherboards, especially their TPower line. The P45, X58, and P55 Tpower boards are all rock solid. I pieced together a build for a friend using the Biostar A880G+ and was very impressed by the bios for such a budget-minded board. It gave me no problems whatsoever.

I can't comment on RMA service. It seems like they update the BIOS fairly regularly though. Basically if you don't mind only having 5 SATA ports (why oh why did Biostar only provide 5
) then this is the best board, hands down.

Oh, and it's no slouch for overclocking


 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

Biostar TP67XE. Biostar consistently produces great motherboards, especially their TPower line. The P45, X58, and P55 Tpower boards are all rock solid. I pieced together a build for a friend using the Biostar A880G+ and was very impressed by the bios for such a budget-minded board. It gave me no problems whatsoever.

I can't comment on RMA service. It seems like they update the BIOS fairly regularly though. Basically if you don't mind only having 5 SATA ports (why oh why did Biostar only provide 5
) then this is the best board, hands down.

Oh, and it's no slouch for overclocking




Wow, your very convincing! lol

And I don't mind having only 5 sata ports, as a matter of a fact, I only need exactly 5. And it kinda seems like biostar is the new dfi or something, or has it always been this way?

Like said in another thread, is there any reason not to go with the biostar board for the features/performance for the price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Behemoth777
View Post

Wow, your very convincing! lol

And I don't mind having only 5 sata ports, as a matter of a fact, I only need exactly 5. And it kinda seems like biostar is the new dfi or something, or has it always been this way?

Like said in another thread, is there any reason not to go with the biostar board for the features/performance for the price?

Go ahead buy a board that will blow on you.
 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jzkillzone23
View Post

Go ahead buy a board that will blow on you.

Oh boy...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
i think people shoulg goto XS and look at the OC section and see that 5.5ghz and around that have been hit by every board. You see it with 4 cores 8 threads then think that they could get 100-200mhz higher without HT. You see 4 cores and 4 threads, then if they take it to 2 cores 2 threads then they can do about 100-200mhz higher again. its a joke really, OC the chip like its made.

Anyways at XS you aren't allowed to post in that section without a WR or something very close to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
ASRock P67 Extreme4 have an horrible PCI setup.. when your SLI video cards are in you wont have much space anymore.. i went with ASUS EVO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth777;12062905
And I don't mind having only 5 sata ports, as a matter of a fact, I only need exactly 5. And it kinda seems like biostar is the new dfi or something, or has it always been this way?
I agree with that statement. I don't think it's necessarily always been that way, but Biostar caters to the enthusiast who doesn't necessarily need all the bells and whistles. Just a solid board with a good bios, which is essentially what I feel DFI was always about. With DFI exiting the consumer market, Biostar would now be my first choice. I look forward to their Bulldozer-based offerings
smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
ehh biostar has never been an ethusiast board in my mind. But i do see what they are doing. One thing DFI was was always cutting edge, always greatest styling, always best BIOS options and tons of OC fanbase, biostar has none of this.
 

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;12064917
i think people shoulg goto XS and look at the OC section and see that 5.5ghz and around that have been hit by every board. You see it with 4 cores 8 threads then think that they could get 100-200mhz higher without HT. You see 4 cores and 4 threads, then if they take it to 2 cores 2 threads then they can do about 100-200mhz higher again. its a joke really, OC the chip like its made.

Anyways at XS you aren't allowed to post in that section without a WR or something very close to it.
Agree 100%. Keep HT ON and OC!
devil-smiley-019.gif
 

·
phenomenal swag
Joined
·
3,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzkillzone23;12062920
Go ahead buy a board that will blow on you.
proof.gif


When someone decides to drown their CPU in liquid nitrogen and push vcore to above 1.6 volts, like THIS:

2030E2344D2F9B1002E059

1130E2344D2F9B10035699


and the board stays intact, I'd say the board won't blow on you (unless you're an idiot and push volts too high without adequate cooling). The board has 10 power phases. It's good to go.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top