Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum

So I've seen some post on this but not a recent one about private domain registrars.

It will be used for our company pentesting platform but want it separate then our current fasthosts reseller account.

1&1 do a standard built in privacy one how ever have some bad reviews.

The offer they have on my domain name is $0.99 for 1yr + $0.18 ICANN fee 1Yr then goes up to $14.99 for the domain after.

I know fasthosts are good but expensive and godaddy have some good deals on domains but costly when you add in ICAN priv.

Anyone know of any good deals on.

Ideal package would be with privacy package and a HTTPS cert.

Or if anyone knows of any free dynamic IP ones that would also do.

Kind regards

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Privacy services are meant for home users only i think why do you need them?

No IP do a free dyn dns service, I personally use 123 reg for my.uk domains, and I use Gandi for my more exotic ones. Neither of these have a free cert though, but they are cheap enough, I "think" google's dns service comes with a free cert

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I'm guessing you mean domain privacy? I thought that's already a norm not an exception. At least the ones I get my domains trough.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I was curious so looked it up,

The rules vary by registar, the "uk" domain is as I said but its rare and its ok to do it on most!

(*Avoid go daddy, for the love of all things internet!
biggrin.gif
)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's just so we have some clients with some tech savvy people in.

We're just setting up a few tests environments and checking different domain names to blend in with their internet traffic so nothing stands out in logs etc.

The idea with it spanning across a new domains is the new platform will have servers in different locations to vary the IP address if blocked how ever if we just set up a domain to forward over to a server and change the records if it gets blocked instead then it makes it a lot easier .

It's only in testing until my Kali OSCP is complete anyway so just wanted to set up a sort of Lan environment to mess around with a new domains first and see what works.

Not all our toolset support DNS how ever which is a bloody pain and need the direct IP.

But yeah the idea is just a few cheap domains or one that does it all then see what's best.

Some services stick the company names and details in its ICANN I know we some of our domains we pay extra to stop this but can end up costing more than the domain.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
If they are looking up domain whois then you have already made them too suspicious haha! i dont think ive ever come across anyone that verified that info, if you have a right SPF and DKIM for phishing emails, and it sounds right, and its from the right person most people do whatever you ask them. But it does sort of make sense. If you reallly wanted you could use the free .tk domains i guess,

What kali tools dont support dns? id open a pull request for any you think that dont! If you are doing it internally its easier to set up ndjbdns for your testing, and works out cheaper

• Rep+
Reactions: kaistledine

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Id never trust them as a VPS host haha , i just use their domain service, still quite bad though, did exactly what that hoax did last week ha!

And hmm which payloads not come across them! Also what you think of pro? I never really got much use out of it

·
Registered
769 Posts
Google Domains is a good private registrar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts