Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats the best program to watch movies n DVD's on your laptop and desktop.

I've been hearing lots of good things about PowerDVD 9 and that it gives the best picture and you can clearly see the image is better, n clearer. But is this ONLY when watching DVD's or does this work on any video file on your system you play? I've read a few good things about it, and total media Theatre 3. I have TMT3 on my laptop but I was thinking about getting PowerDVD 9 or the new 10, and then using it when I stream movies over my laptop with HDMI to my larger tv.

Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Media Player Classic: Home Cinema 64bit edition is my favorite media player. If you find that insufficiency for your needs, you can install the Combined Community Codec Pack (free) or the CoreAVC codecs (not free).

In all likelihood, you won't need one of the added codecs. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
I've tried quite a few, and even paid over $100 for programs like PowerDVD 9 Ultra because I also have a BluRay drive. In the end I found Arcsoft Total Media to be the best. When I couldn't get PowerDVD to output 5.1 suround, I tried Arcsoft, and it took me right clicking on the menu, then selecting sound and choosing "5.1" to get surround sound. it plays DVDs and BluRays very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts