Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new PSU with the rest of the new stuff I will be buying. And at first I heard good things about the OCZ 600, but recently I have been hearing not so good things about it. So now I want to know what is the best SLi-supported PSU for under $200. Don't care what brand, just the best quality one for less than $200. It would also help if the cables come sleeved.

I have been thinking about getting a modular. Just to clarify, modular is just when the cables are detachable, right? And that is the only difference between modular and nonmodular...right?

So then I would like to know what is the best SLi-supported modular and nonmodular PSUs for under $200.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have an Enermax Liberty 500w, and it is THE BEST PSU out right now IMHO.

I had my comp turned on for 2 months during vacation, i had MBM running the entire time, i looked in the high/low tab when i got home, and the voltages were:

----------High------Low
3.3V Rail:-3.38----- 3.36
5V Rail:---5.06------5.04
12V Rail:--12.80----12.76

These might not be extremely accurate readings, but i have checked it with a multimeter and its dead-on.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I've heard good things about the liberity 620w. Also, a really really good psu is what I have. Seasonic S12-600. honestly the only downside to this psu is that the cables aren't sleeved.

i have also heard good about the FSP epsilon series

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you're investing in something expensive as SLI; I suggest you chip in at least thirty dollars more and get a PC Power and Cooling. It's the most stable power supply available, and at 240, you can get the 850 watt flavor, I think.
Look into it, don't skimp.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

Hey soloz2...I noticed you have a SLI-DR expert...and I'm wondering if you have had any problems with it. I really want to get it, but after reading all the horror stories at dfistreet I'm scared to get it..

so far so good. no problems... it is a little picky w/ RAM.. when I first put it together I had my RAM in the wrong slots and it wouldn't let me install windows, but once I got it straightened out I haven't had a single problem. The only deal is that I'm absolutely lost in the bios. it can do so much more than my asus a8n-sli deluxe! I'm holding off on overclocking my new cpu till i can figure out the bios.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

so far so good. no problems... it is a little picky w/ RAM.. when I first put it together I had my RAM in the wrong slots and it wouldn't let me install windows, but once I got it straightened out I haven't had a single problem. The only deal is that I'm absolutely lost in the bios. it can do so much more than my asus a8n-sli deluxe! I'm holding off on overclocking my new cpu till i can figure out the bios.

OKay..so if I remember correctly your suppose to put your RAM in the orange slots? And I'm upgrading from my A8N-SLi Premium just because I couldn't go above 1.45v vcore, so I'm glad you like it a lot better for overclocking even though it is confusing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts