Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am looking for a new MMO potentially I played wow for a couple years and by the end only played for the BG's and Arena however quit and got rid of my account since the person I arena'd with stopped playing.

So long story short is there an MMO out there that has PvP on the scale of wow? I don't really need arena but some good Battleground type action with MMO type abilities sounds fun.

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by umeris
View Post

Guild Wars, very heavily skill oriented, you get to only have 8 skills, so pick them wisely

Yessssssssssir!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
Wait for Final Fantasy XIV - if the combat is ANYTHING like FFXI then it will be utterly mind-bending!
 

·
Totally New to OCN
Joined
·
10,627 Posts
Aion = Terrible PVP
Wow = Terrible PVP

BEST Player Vs Player Experience = Warhammer Online.

I represent a Large Alliance of the strongest RvR players in the game,
Playing only Destruction, and I personally like this game in every respect.

You can make a character, and run Right into Scenario Based PvP (like 15 min long 12vs12 battles) or walk straight into Open RvR field for non stop fun.

There are Zone Gear to work towards, thousands of Unlocks, Titles etc, Renown Rewards and such.

I was a 6 Year Daoc player for a reason, RvRvR was Godlike!, Since then Warhammer is Damn near the same. The game also runs fantastic on my machine when we lead the massive Zone Flip zergs , where we can have up to 400 people fighting it out over a Central Keep =)

And then you flip all teh zones, and Invade the Enemy City? the fights are epic...
and my Team constantly is on top =)

let me know if you want a Game Invite, I can invite you to play on my server (one of the best servers) and you get to be in my alliance, and if you stay I get a free month and a gift lols

PM me lol

Edit: I also thoroughly Enjoy the PVE and leveling is ACTUALLY Fun =)
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: shinyboy

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
I have never played it but League of Legends is 100% pvp. Its based off of DOTA. Its not an MMO persay in that there are no persistent worlds however your characters level is persistent http://www.leagueoflegends.com/
 

·
more chroma!
Joined
·
3,565 Posts
Aion's PVP isn't that great. I was always fond of EQ2's PvP - prolly cause I went exile to have more targets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StormX2 View Post
BEST Player Vs Player Experience = Warhammer Online.
I've never actually tried WoW PVP, but Warhammer is brilliant PVP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Err..... WoW never was and never will be a PvP game.

I'm not sure I would recommend WAR. I played it at release and LOVED it, but the population has been on the decline ever since. The 1st page on the forum has posts dating back to february 26, so that gives you an idea of how active the community is.... But I gather that they consolidated a bunch of servers so the game is pretty active now. I also played DAOC for 6-7 years, it was the best and probably still is.

You might want to look into Darkfall or Mortal Online. Those are both, I think, FFA PVP, full loot games, and in a first person perspective. FFA PvP means that politics are player-driven rather than laid out by the game (ie horde kills alliance). You gotta group up with people to protect yourself against other people. Guilds typically live in separate areas of the game world, which to me is really cool.

Both are similar to UO in that any character can use any skill, and you level up skills by using them. However, Darkfail has no level caps, so basically every character is the exact same. Mortal Online isn't out yet, but supposedly there are caps so that you can only get a certain amount of total level points, which forces characters to specialize.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
EVE can be frustrating if you prefer really fast pacing, but I do enjoy a good fleet battle. It feels so much more grand and epic being in a fleet of battlecruisers and battleships trading blows with another fleet then WoW EVER did in a BG running around like mad swinging a sword around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sabis
View Post

EVE can be frustrating if you prefer really fast pacing, but I do enjoy a good fleet battle. It feels so much more grand and epic being in a fleet of battlecruisers and battleships trading blows with another fleet then WoW EVER did in a BG running around like mad swinging a sword around.

QFT, EVE battles are soooo epic when you finally get to the big ones!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by StormX2
View Post

Aion = Terrible PVP
Wow = Terrible PVP

BEST Player Vs Player Experience = Warhammer Online.

I represent a Large Alliance of the strongest RvR players in the game,
Playing only Destruction, and I personally like this game in every respect.

You can make a character, and run Right into Scenario Based PvP (like 15 min long 12vs12 battles) or walk straight into Open RvR field for non stop fun.

There are Zone Gear to work towards, thousands of Unlocks, Titles etc, Renown Rewards and such.

I was a 6 Year Daoc player for a reason, RvRvR was Godlike!, Since then Warhammer is Damn near the same. The game also runs fantastic on my machine when we lead the massive Zone Flip zergs , where we can have up to 400 people fighting it out over a Central Keep =)

And then you flip all teh zones, and Invade the Enemy City? the fights are epic...
and my Team constantly is on top =)

let me know if you want a Game Invite, I can invite you to play on my server (one of the best servers) and you get to be in my alliance, and if you stay I get a free month and a gift lols

PM me lol

Edit: I also thoroughly Enjoy the PVE and leveling is ACTUALLY Fun =)


So when you say this, are you referring to when you actually do PVP or when you pretend to PvP and actually PvE and take empty keeps? This is the single reason I quit WAR and I am a HUGE DAOC fan.

I played in DAOC beta and quit right around catacombs release and I can easily say that this is the best PvP game that has ever been created.

Warhammer (unless something has changed) did not reward people to defend keeps which resulted in people going around the PvP (RvR) areas taking non defended keeps... which is not the most fun thing to do, it's rather mindless to be honest.

So has that changed.. I sure hope so. If not OP I suggest you stay very clear of Warhammer Online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Drackula2000
View Post

I have never played it but League of Legends is 100% pvp. Its based off of DOTA. Its not an MMO persay in that there are no persistent worlds however your characters level is persistent http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

LoL is just so bad. It's for people who are bad at DOTA. If you want an alternative to DOTA, you play Heroes of Newerth.

For the person that said wait for FFXIV, you might as well wait for SWKOTOR Online. Both games won't be out for a LONG time. Probably not till 2012.

Everyone I knew that left WOW pvp for WaR pvp regretted it. They played for 1-2 months and quit. Some went back to WoW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Eve, definitely! I mean, name a single other game where you can have 1k vs. 1k battles!

And IMHO, HON is horrible. Its UI is crap. Its gameplay is worse than dota. LoL atleast tries to expand the gameplay a bit.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top