Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car racing, circuit sprint, and drifting...

I heard rFactor is good?

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Try LFS you can get their demo for free. It doesn't have licensed cars or tracks though.

http://www.lfs.net/

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster159;15318509

I heard rFactor 2 is good?
rFactor 2 is not even out yet, there's no date for it yet.

I'd say the best simulators for car racing are rFactor and iRacing.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
frankly , after playing Gran Tursiom 4 on my PS2 , i can not find any other Racing game even slightly good

so sad GT are not on PC:(

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry i meant rFactor.. =.="

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crag;15318565
frankly , after playing Gran Tursiom 4 on my PS2 , i can not find any other Racing game even slightly good

so sad GT are not on PC:(
Not sure if serious.

GT4 is a good game but it isn't the most realistic driving sim.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Something i can play on singleplayer and multilayer i guess.

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
LFS
biggrin.gif
/caps

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster159;15318509

I heard rFactor is good?
Drifting, LFS is the best for that - huge community even on the demo. Lots of interesting servers too, not just for racing but cruise servers, along with drifting and autocross.

Depending on the cars you want will change the game you should get. If you want touring cars, Race 07 + expansions are the way to go for that. If you want something not that realistic but with a lot of different addon tracks and cars then rFactor is a good option. If you want something continually progressing and with the highest level of realism then you'll want iRacing.

Race 07 has decent enough AI and a lot of people racing it online. rFactor has a bit worse AI and a lot of people online, although you'll need the correct mod and track to race. iRacing doesn't have AI but has properly sanctioned online racing series.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even the LFS demo? Downloading it right now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Get the Forza 4 demo. It may not be completely sim but its as close as you will get remaining mainstream. A lot of fun and a lot of vehicles. Its also great when you want to get away from the sim for a little while and troll some kids in cat and mouse games.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut;15318804
Get the Forza 4 demo. It may not be completely sim but its as close as you will get remaining mainstream. A lot of fun and a lot of vehicles. Its also great when you want to get away from the sim for a little while and troll some kids in cat and mouse games.
Don't have console.

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauerkraut
View Post

Forza isn't a proper simulator, it's a hybrid. It's half sim half arcade. It's the same with with all console "simulators"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus
View Post

Check out GTR2. Its a old game but I think its great and there are a lot of mods for it.

+1 for GTR2 or any Simbin game, all Simbin games are built off the ISI engine which is what Rfactor uses. And a lot of cars/mods are available/interchangeable between games built on the ISI engine, so there are tons of cars and tons of tracks, you will never get bored. Hell I havent, yea the graphics aren't as pretty as the new games but that doesn't bother me one bit.

Richard Burns Rally is also another game you should check out if you want realistic rally racing.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did like the Volvo game they did.

·
Registered
398 Posts
iRacing is the best there is. There is no single payer though, but as far as competition and realism, it's the best. The way they have their multiplayer setup is probably the best of any game I have ever played. You go up through the ranks based on your safety rating. If you are really fast, but crash people to win races you will never get out of the rookie class.

Do you have a decent steering wheel to play with? If not you will have a really, really hard time playing any of the PC sims. They do not cater to the pad users like the console games.

I tried Rfactor, GTR and other sims on PC and the graphics were jsut to dated for me. Graphics are not the end all be all for me, but older games like GTR were just really hard to llok at, after playing iRacing.

The one thing about iRacing though is that it's a little hard to understand the level system and racing leagues at first. It also can get very expensive if you just start buying cars. Really though you can go a month or so withou ever buying anything except your membership.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts