Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! First build, let alone with water, let alone with a Caselabs... ;c)

Question, I have an M8.. And, I'm wondering where I should install my (3) SR1 360s that I'm hoping to go push/pull on with GT-15s... Should I mount them up top, bottom, both? Your help is greatly appreciated... I think this might end up being a dual PSU build, so perhaps one in the PSU side (or not?) ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive622 View Post

Depending on the top you got, you could put two on the top of the case and one on the bottom of the mobo side to save room for the dual psu's.
Thanks man, seems like that is the move... I do have vents up top..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, do I need to purchase the 'extended' top in order to run a Black Ice SR1 360 in push/pull with AP-15s?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Yes, to run P/P you would need an extended top cover.
Thanks for the info, Caselabs! Now, are there any warehoused on the East Coast? Or must I order directly from you?

Also, how about black M4 0.7 x 30mm screws for mounting rads?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

All of our inventory is contained in our vast warehouse
biggrin.gif
on the west coast. I don't know if there are any available on the east coast. You would have to check with FCPU or PPC. We don't stock screws, but McMaster is where I get most of mine for my builds.
Thanks for the great info Case Labs person! I actually had a pack on order from the holy McMaster... Love that site..

Question, which case top am I looking for exactly? I see an 85mm, but I also see a 120mm top cover.. What is the benefit of going 120mm? Considering I have no restraints on height, perhaps I should go that route?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it would depend on how many radiators you plan on running. You can pretty easily fit 4 360s in the M8 (depending on what else you stuff in there) with just the extended top. If you intend to have more radiators than that, want to stuff a lot into the case besides rads, or prefer a minimalist look inside the case, then the pedestal might be better. You could also pick depending on which looks better to you.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

I think it would depend on how many radiators you plan on running. You can pretty easily fit 4 360s in the M8 (depending on what else you stuff in there) with just the extended top. If you intend to have more radiators than that, want to stuff a lot into the case besides rads, or prefer a minimalist look inside the case, then the pedestal might be better. You could also pick depending on which looks better to you.
Thanks for the input man.. Yeah, I'm looking to run (4) 360s, and I don't really have any other room on the mobo to fit anything else.. So, I might be maxxed out on rads already. So, maybe I should get the extended top then?

What would the placement be..? Two up top, two on bottoms?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

That would be my suggestion if you go with the extended top provided you have enough room above the rad on the PSU side to mount the PSU in the upper location. I think you would, but I would verify that first.
I actually ended up going for the pedestal in the end.. I sold a used PS4 on Ebay for $400, so I figured what the hell, might as well do it...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I dont know about "best" but I plan to run 2x360 rads on the PSU side in PUSH only with the three fans in the front of the case running as exhaust.

Should be enough cooling for my needs. I can add more as I see need for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts