Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best 939 motherboard peeps?

i've heard good things about the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, and some of the reviews i've read have given it awards - but does anyone have any different suggestions?

i'm in the UK by the way.

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
yes i believe that msi board is good cause i heard about it scoreing the best score in 3dmark05 or something like but i would wait for the dfi skt 939 board

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

yes i believe that msi board is good cause i heard about it scoreing the best score in 3dmark05 or something like but i would wait for the dfi skt 939 board

Thats gonna be nforce 4 aint it tho?

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

yep with SLI

No good for me...mobo manufacturers can F*off if they think i am going out and buying a new graphics card which (at the moment) is no faster than AGP. Screw that!!

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

well you can always go for the dfi lanparty ut 250gb thats nf3 but its skt754 have you already brought a cpu???

no not yet.i just didnt want to invest in already outdated technology.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Socket 754 is hardly outdated, in my opinion, and many others, it's still the best way to go. Get yourself a Mobile/DTR chip with 1MB of L2 and it will be better than the Socket 939 512K L2 chips. DFI still has plans for an nForce3 Socket 939 board, but I belive it's to be relased after the nForce 4 version, which is still a ways off. So I say once again, Socket 754 is still the best option for those of us that can't afford FX chips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts