Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best you guys got?

I haven't been on WC the past 2 or 3 months as much as I would have liked to have been.

So are things pretty much the same still? Enzotech Sapphire & HK 3.0 LT being the best budget blocks.

And Black ICE GTX Rad's being top dogs?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

Water blocks the same

XSPC RX series rads has feser performance not the price, feser rads too of course

You think you could throw something together real quick?

BY the way, forgot to mention but Socket AM# & Socket 775 mounting is a must.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
i managed to get a thermochill pa120.1 rad really cheap and its doing an awesome job of keeping my i7 920 cool with an EK supreme block and mcp355 pump

but new, the pa120.1 arnt exactly "cheap"
 

·
STG3 VET
Joined
·
13,127 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

You think you could throw something together real quick?

BY the way, forgot to mention but Socket AM# & Socket 775 mounting is a must.

kk I will try

1/2 inch barbs for everything

mcp655 pump or mcp355 with a XSPC top
http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCP...r-pr-3803.html
65.00

tubing
http://www.petrastechshop.com/7id5odmagepu.html
.59 a ft

XSPC RX 240
http://www.tilatech.com/products/XSP...-Radiator.html
68.95

XSPC RX120
http://www.tilatech.com/products/XSP...-Radiator.html
52.95

fans
http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-12...d-pr-3771.html
3.70
or
panaflos better choice
http://bestbyte.net/merchant/merchan...&Store_Code=BB
12.95

fan controller
http://www.xpcgear.com/rheobusext.html
28.99
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811998808
15.00

reservoirs or tline
http://www.crazypc.com/products/wate...eservoirs.html
20-xxx

cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-019-_-Product
35.00

Thermal paste : OCZ Freeze or IC Diamond

Coolant: distilled water and 2 drops of pt nuke

one is for just distilled other is used with U/v dye
http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bi...uery=pt%20nuke

Loop should go
res-pump-rad-cpu-res


I hope this setup is ok with you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
I agree with most of the parts that Juggalo supplied for your budget, you cant get much better for the price, with those you should end up with a nice stable rig. Also, we pick these parts because they have been proven to be reliable and effective, not because we refuse to change. There is a saying in the Navy: "Thats the way we have always done it." I hate this saying, just because what you are doing works doesnt mean that there isnt something better. In this case however, what we are using is the better as well as the works so there is absolutely no reason to change from the best you can get for the money. End of the story, end of the flame war that has ensued.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
Yea like everyone else is saying, transit, make your own thread...
Also, use learn how to type properly. Like use separate sentences.
And third, for juggalo, nice list on the other page, I would stick with the panaflos also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Ah right, I shall fix that, thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
Anyhow im not arguing with any of you just here to help out toast man
, Go with a PA rad, should fit in your budget, the PA 120.3 performs extremely well, even the black ice gtx 360 with higher cfm will kick some ass.. I currently have the 360, and mannnnnn.. This thing hasnt let me down in any way.. the heat dissipation is unreal
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:


Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

kk I will try

**snipped the list but thanks for it.**

Loop should go
res-pump-rad-cpu-res


I hope this setup is ok with you


That looks good man.

I did a bit of looking, while having to sift through some posts in here, and I think it's going to go a bit like this.

Enzotech Sapphire revA + Bracket (since this system is going to be moved through a few different setups to show it's performance off, so I need AM# & 775)

Arctic Cooling MX-3 (Already have)

Danger Den RAD-RES (Easy mount to the top of the case)

PT Nuke & Distilled Water (Already have)

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM (Can plug directly into the board and has more static pressure than a San Ace H1011)

120mm Black Grill (already own but a just in case.)

RX120 + 1/2" Barbs & Tubbing


MCP655-B (variable will be a nice option.)

Lamptron FC-2 (already have two, one not in use)

Quote:


Originally Posted by Monst3r
View Post

Anyhow im not arguing with any of you just here to help out toast man
, Go with a PA rad, should fit in your budget, the PA 120.3 performs extremely well, even the black ice gtx 360 with higher cfm will kick some ass.. I currently have the 360, and mannnnnn.. This thing hasnt let me down in any way.. the heat dissipation is unreal


I'm lost, are you saying the Thermochill PA series will be a better option than the GTX120 or RX120?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,724 Posts
Don't get that RX120 with that high speed delta fan. The HW Labs GTX series is still champ for performance with high CFM fans. The RX is equivalent to the lower FPI rads like the Feser/PA at lower CFM (less than 47).

I would get a DDC instead of that D5. Thats just me though. Smaller + quieter with more options for aftermarket tops. A DDC with an XSPC res top would be much simpler than a D5 and that large tube res.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidForce View Post
Don't get that RX120 with that high speed delta fan. The HW Labs GTX series is still champ for performance with high CFM fans. The RX is equivalent to the lower FPI rads like the Feser/PA at lower CFM (less than 47).

I would get a DDC instead of that D5. Thats just me though. Smaller + quieter with more options for aftermarket tops. A DDC with an XSPC res top would be much simpler than a D5 and that large tube res.
Well I already have the Delta, so should I move to a HWLabs Black Ice GTX120 instead of the RX120?

Also, The DDC pump you are referring too are these two pieces correct?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,479 Posts
The Swiftech Apogee XT is the king of the blocks at the moment.


Also, the D-Tek DB1 would be a pretty good choice since it's a CPU only block. It's also VERY quiet.

I don't think it'd hurt the performance of your loop much, if at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,724 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
Well I already have the Delta, so should I move to a HWLabs Black Ice GTX120 instead of the RX120?

Also, The DDC pump you are referring too are these two pieces correct?
Yes the GTX120 will perform much better at high cfm. Even if your going to run it silent/quiet the temperature diff between the RX120 and GTX120 at low CFM is small.

You got it for the pump. XSPC also offers a dual bay reservoir that mounts a DDC.

http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html...&go.x=0&go.y=0

I have the dual version and it works great for dual loops if you want to do that in the future. I could only assume the single works just as well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

Water blocks the same

XSPC RX series rads has feser performance not the price, feser rads too of course

Best setup period hands down!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:


Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

The Swiftech Apogee XT is the king of the blocks at the moment.


Also, the D-Tek DB1 would be a pretty good choice since it's a CPU only block. It's also VERY quiet.

I don't think it'd hurt the performance of your loop much, if at all.

I know which blocks are the kings right now. Though, this setups more going to be about quite small, and effective.

A good note, the less flow your loop is the harder your pump and fans need to go to keep up. Being only the CPU block, it shouldn't be hard to keep up with it normally.

And last I checked, the Sapphire & HK 3.0 LT had the best flow.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Seeing Red
View Post

You don't need that bracket the block comes with one.

Danke Schon for that. I didn't notice. It must be there for used or OB SCW-Rev A's then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
EDIT: just saw you have the Deltas already, In that case you will want the BIX rad. Give me a second and Ill find something for ya.

CPU block: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-019-_-Product

Rad: http://www.petrastechshop.com/hwlablicegtx3.html

Pump: http://www.petrastechshop.com/ddb12inpu.html

You may also want some of this stuff for the pump : http://www.petrastechshop.com/pegviabbl.html

Fittings: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bi1cofifor3o.html

Tubing: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ty1id3odlatu.html

Res: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/biwataz150po.html (looks similar to what you had but is cheaper.)

Im pretty sure thats about it, if I remember anything later ill let you know.

Comments: Because the BIX isnt the most unrestrictive rad the Enzotech block is the best choice because it has the least resistance of any of the blocks and with the DB-1 pump that will help it out.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top