Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be in the market for a better overall sound card. My current X-Fi has been good, but aren't there better cards that provide higher quality sound? Price not an issue, links appreciated!

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by iampoor View Post
for games or movies more?

That sorta changes it

Well, I know a lot of quality cards other than Creative don't have EAX for games. But mostly for music and or movies is what I'm looking for.

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Wait for the Asus Xonar D2.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Well, when the X-Fi prelude comes out, it will be the most perfect sound card i could ask for. It's pretty much an X-Fi with better DACs and opamps and DDL.

Freakin' win-win. No feature left out there. I'm not really sure what the BEST soundcard is though. Right now if I could have any card (other than the X-Fi Prelude) it would probably be either the X-Meridian or the Bluegears B-Inspirer.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
I've got the X-Fi XtremeMusic in my office rig; my gaming/digital media (movies, music, etc.) rig has the HT Omega Claro in it.

In terms of sound fidelity, clarity, and quality, I think it's a ton better than the X-Fi. My music (which runs the gamut from Classical to Jazz to Rock to Folk) simply sounds better than even the X-Fi, which is a very good card. In games, the HT Omega Claro loses out a little bit. I have to admit that the X-Fi has better positional audio properties, but my favorite rig is not just for games. There have also been absolutely NO driver/software-based issues with the HT Omega Claro, whereas with the X-Fi, sometimes it doesn't play nice with some other things installed in a system.

It's pricey, but it's definitely worth it, in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

·
Retired Enthusiast
3,405 Posts
in Music, u guys really should try Onkyo Cards... try Onkyo SE-200

i've already compared X-Fi, X-Meridian, Xonar, Onkyo.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ.BigBear View Post
in Music, u guys really should try Onkyo Cards... try Onkyo SE-200

i've already compared X-Fi, X-Meridian, Xonar, Onkyo.
I've never heard an Onkyo card, so I'm intrigued. I'm curious how it compares with the X-Meridian.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronman View Post
I've never heard an Onkyo card, so I'm intrigued. I'm curious how it compares with the X-Meridian.
that company makes/made home theater steros.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iampoor View Post
that company makes/made home theater steros.
I didn't say I've never heard of Onkyo. I just haven't heard their cards (with my ears).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts