Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Put your new X-Fi to work in a game? I would say BF2/2142 since they fully support X-Fi and their EAX.

But other than that HL2 has some pretty good techno in there

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
sound track, or game action audio?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o View Post
Put your new X-Fi to work in a game? I would say BF2/2142 since they fully support X-Fi and their EAX.

But other than that HL2 has some pretty good techno in there

i have heard with a X-FI and a good pair of headphones you can almost play BF2 by sense of hearing

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Fear.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foslock View Post
As they've both been said, BF2, BF2142, and HL2 all have good music and sound effects. A 5.1 system will blow you away.
With a good loud 5.1 surround system, you can't beat FEARS combat sounds ... the <plink> <plink> of the shell casings hitting the ground as you move about is awesome ...

Really good use of 5.1 in that game ...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Um I see it says "X-Fi Xtrememusic + Onboard" in your sig. I hope you disabled the onboard through the BIOS before installing the X-Fi.

Anyway I find that any of Valve's Source engine games have awesome sound, especially on a nice 5.1 speaker setup. You'll want to try that as well.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I say Half-Life 2. It has good action sounds (although BF2's are great too, as mentioned by others) as well as some good music during intense scenes.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarton
View Post

Um I see it says "X-Fi Xtrememusic + Onboard" in your sig. I hope you disabled the onboard through the BIOS before installing the X-Fi.

...nope, i use my onboard for teamspeak, does this have any... ill effects?

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg
View Post

...nope, i use my onboard for teamspeak, does this have any... ill effects?

Nope, at least not for you

Your teammate may not hear you as clear but who cares..

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg
View Post

I though i'd look for a game to give this new X-Fi a work out - whaddya recommend?

F.E.A.R.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
BF2, F.E.A.R. and Half-Life 2 as everyone has said. BF2 with it's explosions and fighting in a very packed map is just jaw-dropping,

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwIsTeDbOi
View Post

BF2, F.E.A.R. and Half-Life 2 as everyone has said. BF2 with it's explosions and fighting in a very packed map is just jaw-dropping,

F.E.A.R.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yes but when you have tanks, FAV's, Jets, Heli's, and light-arms firing all around you it's nuts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts