Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a penny-pincher and I have a good idea of what i want to buy(thanks to the guys on this forum), BUT there is no one store that carries a good selection of everything. What is the best online store for everything at a low low price. I have looked at newegg and tiger direct but they just don't cut it. I would like to get cooling and other products at one place for a lower shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport

I am a penny-pincher and I have a good idea of what i want to buy(thanks to the guys on this forum), BUT there is no one store that carries a good selection of everything. What is the best online store for everything at a low low price. I have looked at newegg and tiger direct but they just don't cut it. I would like to get cooling and other products at one place for a lower shipping cost.

Newegg doesnt cut it huh>??? What exacly are you looking for that newegg doesnt have???

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Newegg doesnt cut it huh>??? What exacly are you looking for that newegg doesnt have???

A strong 80mm fan for an xp-90 heat sink and a strong 5.25" bay fan that pushes more than 10 CFM

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

hmm strong go for a vantec tornado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the reviews on that say it is louder than a tornado at 55 dba, would it really be that loud? Is there a fan between a basic case fan and the tornado? What if I stacked 2 quieter fans one on top of the other? Is that effective and or quieter?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I don't use a fan controler because I bought a quiet fan, but they work by adding more resistance on the circut which decreased the power that flows to the fan motor and causes it to slow down

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

yep or the ones that fit into floopy drives well a fancontroller can control the rpms of fans therefore lowering the noise

what do they plug into?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.