Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just create a system restore point in my Windows 7 just in case anything happen, but I wonder if there is any good software that I can backup my system with reasonable size and I can store the restore file somewhere else instead in my desktop because some smarter ransomware would just delete my Windows restore point and encrypt everything. My OS drive is over 100MB already so if I use something like Norton ghost then the backup file size would be too big for me and I think unzip a 100MB ghost file may not work. Any suggestion?

·
New001
2,668 Posts
I'm currently using Macrium Reflect (free edition) to handle my backups. It's a good program, does differential backups and full backups with the free edition, and has a decent scheduler and backup retention options etc. It'll walk you through creating bootable media for recovery and make it easy to setup your first backup schedule and backup retention settings.

I'm about to switch to UrBackup though, https://www.urbackup.org/
If you have a nas, you can run UrBackup server there and the client on your pc's. It's free and it has a lot of options. It's probably the best free backup software around at the moment with the range of options it provides, and the client/server setup is very nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts