Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm looking for a free torrent download tool that isn't all infested with ads and extra junk.

I just need it to download, no extra features tacked on. I used to use uTorrent a few years ago, but now it's filled with advertisements and extra stuff I don't need.

·
...and you'll FLOAT TOO!!
4,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

As the title says, I'm looking for a free torrent download tool that isn't all infested with ads and extra junk.

I just need it to download, no extra features tacked on. I used to use uTorrent a few years ago, but now it's all infested with advertisements and extra stuff I don't need.
You can turn that junk off quite easily.

1)Go to Options > Preferences, click on Advanced (not the + next to it).
2)In the Filter text box, type in "offer" (without the quotes).
3)When the results load, the bottom one will likely be "offers.content_offer_autoexec", click on it and change the value to false. Do this until you reach the "offers.featured_content_url", for this one, you'll click on it, then click the Reset button, then the Set button.
4)Click Apply, then OK. For good measure, completely close uTorrent/BitTorrent, then re-open.
thumb.gif

I personally don't like the sidebar, so that was unchecked in the Options menu as well, but here's a shot of mine:

·
AMD Acolyte
1,674 Posts
Qbittorent
Open source, ad free, And similar interface to older µtorrent versions.

Transmission is another good open source alternative.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
i went from utorrent to qbittorrent just because i got lazy disabling the offers in settings lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

I just need it to download, no extra features tacked on. I used to use uTorrent a few years ago, but now it's filled with advertisements and extra stuff I don't need.
I use qtorrent 2.2.1 (last version without extra features and ads). I disabled automatic updates at all.

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
Tixati is very good too.

·
Hardware Princess
1,848 Posts
Deluge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts