Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best version of 1080 Ti for overclocking on chiller - KINGPIN or HOF?
I hope nobody will tell - Kudan or OC lab version, finding this is a impossible.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Best version of 1080 Ti for overclocking on chiller - KINGPIN or HOF?
I hope nobody will tell - Kudan or OC lab version, finding this is a impossible.
None. The best is a VERY good binned gpu of any brand :)

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts

·
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast
2,807 Posts
Chiller? Brand isnt going to matter one bit.

Silicon lottery rules the roost.

Air, water, chiller, not enough temp drop to really expose the goldne chips.

My 1080 Ti hits and maintains 2088MHz on air, even without sounding like a hurricane. Its a basic Gigabyte Aorus

·
Registered
91 Posts
KINGPIN in terms of how it handles power limits, HOF in terms of looks. Regardless of brand, 1080ti's don't overclock a lot. In terms of 24/7 stable (not some arbitrary bench result), most cards can hit 2000-2100 Core / 5800 - 6200 Memory. The difference between 2000/5800 (minimum oc) and 2100/6200 (maximum oc) is about 6% performance, and most likely, both KINGPIN and HOF will do 2050+ and 6000+, so there will be no real difference at all

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts

·
Never Finished
2,311 Posts
IIRC, the HOF had the best VRM of all flagship 1080Tis.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
IIRC, the HOF had the best VRM of all flagship 1080Tis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA15swthZGs
Gpu don't care about overkill x4 VRM if the gpu itself sux.... The OP is using water/chilled water? Then the better VRM is usless. Best binned GPU is the best for his use.

My friend Carollo got a Dell (LOL) 2080ti that was crazy good. He used water and XOC bios. Running 2300mhz or so.

·
Never Finished
2,311 Posts
Gpu don't care about overkill x4 VRM if the gpu itself sux.... The OP is using water/chilled water? Then the better VRM is usless. Best binned GPU is the best for his use.

My friend Carollo got a Dell (LOL) 2080ti that was crazy good. He used water and XOC bios. Running 2300mhz or so.
Well, OP asked for the best 1080Ti version. Overall, the HOF is probably the best one when it comes to the board design. IIRC, the flagship cards are binned as well. I know the Kingpins are, and I doubt that Galax would run some random bin gpu in their top end cards. And I believe both have unlocked VBIOS options as well, but you may have to contact the company for the file.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is it wrong to say it doesn't matter how well binned the card from either will be if it will never be utilized to it's potential outside of extreme overclocking?

·
Never Finished
2,311 Posts
No, but I don't see any harm in answering the question...

·
Never Finished
2,311 Posts
You'd be surprised. There are some leaky 1080tis out there that can't cross 1987MHz overclocked on air, while some will do 2050 all day long, closer to 2100 if you're under water, and the shunt mod will keep that clockspeed from power throttling. Back when my Xp was shunt modded, I got about a 5% improvement just from the clockspeeds not binning down due to power constraints. The little stuff adds up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/17738881
This is better results i can finding CosimoCarlino.
2253/1690 - very good my guess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have chance to give 1080 Ti Lightning Z for 450USD.
How far will it concede theoretically to Kingpin and HOF?

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts
I have chance to give 1080 Ti Lightning Z for 450USD.
How far will it concede theoretically to Kingpin and HOF?
Hi,
3070 makes more sense.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts