Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to water cooling, but was wondering what's the best brand or brands for stuff like coolant, radiators, dyes, fittings, tubing, and UV lighting?

·
Da Boss
1,895 Posts
I usually go for the following:

Rads: Alphacool
Blocks: EK or Watercool Heatkiller
Tubing - I just buy whatever doesn't leach. Currently using Dazmode tubing and it's awesome.
Fittings: Currently using The Fesser Comany fittings but I've seen people here rave about bitspowers and barrows.
Dyes and UV: I don't use those so can't comment.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanVFX View Post

So I'm new to water cooling, but was wondering what's the best brand or brands for stuff like coolant, radiators, dyes, fittings, tubing, and UV lighting?
Unfortunately, there is no single brand that does everything as "best". It is going to differ by category.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Best brand is really subjective, the best thing to do is plan the loop and then start filling in the pieces that will work, and use OCN for questions and guidance along the way.

Sometimes its easier to start with a kit, everything in a box to get a CPU loop going and can be expanded easily to include the GPU. EK and XSPC both make good kits. EK Predator and Swiftech H220/240 are AIO type setups that can be expanded as well.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
there is no overal "best"
Although -while i am not a big fan of EK- i have to admit they have managed to carve out a presence in almost all sections of Watercooling. They are not always the best, but they rarely go wrong .... nowadays

It all depends..
build quality for Radiators, GPU-blocks, CPU-blocks reservoir/pumps,... although not always best performance: Aquacomputer & Watercool (both German)
performance for Radiators: HardwareLabs, EK, Alphacool (with a tendency to be dirty), XSPC
CPU blocks.. a struggle, there are no "bad" blocks.. but the top 3 are Watercool Heatkiller (also availble in Stirling silver), EK & Koolance
GPU blocks.. depending on the GPU... Aquacomputer, XSPC, EK,
Tubing: Tygon
fittings: Bitspower, Barrow making headway
fans: Noiseblocker, EK Vardar, Noctua Industrial,...
etc etc

A complete custom loop is always a mixture of brands.. if not for performance, then for looks

Now, being new to WC, i would suggest you start with an expandable "starters kit" something from Swiftech (H220/240/320) or EK (Predator, L240, P240) ...

oh... and read the stickies
smile.gif

·
Registered
263 Posts
Radiator: Any full-copper (non aluminum) radiator from brands like EK & Alphacool.
Waterblock: EK
Tubing: Primochill (Dont buy Tygon, a garden hose is better)
Fittings: Any
Fans: Noiseblocker, Noctua, anything with good static pressure. Get the right RPM fans that match the FPI (fins per inch) of your radiator.

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
For tubing and coolant I like mayhems, they have some great stuff and the tubing is cheaper than the primochill and its just as good if not better.
For fittings, just use what you like best and fits your budget. Keep in mind that larger tubing/fittings are more expensive.
Cablemods and Darkside are good lighting choices. The cablemods light strips come in magnetic or foam padded and have a sata power connection. The darkside light strips are just foam padded but have modular power connection so you can pick the type/length of connector.
You should also check out the monsoon modular reservoir system, you can customize everything about it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Unfortunately, there is no single brand that does everything as "best". It is going to differ by category.
Yeah I figured, that's what I was more or less asking bout, sorry for not better wording it lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts