Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my KFA2 980ti black pre o/c with another 10% headroom for a while now but now we are getting into the warmer months, the card is running a little too hot for my liking @ 84c ambient 20c downclocked to stock and i'm looking at both the EK-FC Titan X copper block or the XSPC Razor GTX 980 Ti.
The argument I'm having with myself is the EK titan X has better cooling on the vram part on paper but the the XSPC one has better cpu cooling but which would be better for the card ?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Imo when your talking about water cooling the actual GPU itself most blocks are probably pretty close to each, however I have never seen any reviews comparing GPU blocks, (but I'm sure they're out there somewhere). Water cooling the VRM's can make a big difference in overall system temps, and this is why full cover blocks are usually highly coveted by water coolers. I think anyone that's used full cover blocks would say to always go that route if you can.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Imo when your talking about water cooling the actual GPU itself most blocks are probably pretty close to each, however I have never seen any reviews comparing GPU blocks, (but I'm sure they're out there somewhere). Water cooling the VRM's can make a big difference in overall system temps, and this is why full cover blocks are usually highly coveted by water coolers. I think anyone that's used full cover blocks would say to always go that route if you can.
After much debating with myself lol, this is the conclusion I came to aswell in the end, the titan X had much better cooling on the vrm and in theory is better for the card in the long run..
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9miner View Post

XtremeRigs did a 980 vanilla block comparison, results should very similar on 980 TI: http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/04/07/gtx-980-water-block-round-up/

Im selling a used EK-FC Titan X Nickel block, PM if interested.
Shame I made the purchase earlier this morning or I would have taken you up on the offer but thanks anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts