Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Am planning to build a budget Mini ITX build and would like to add additional fans to the case.
Mobo: Asrock H110i-plus
Case: Elite 130

Out of the box, the Elite 130 comes with two fans.
However, the board only comes with 1 cpu fan and 1 sys fan headers.

What is the best way to add more fans? Get a fan controller? use a splitter on the sys fan header?
As i am planning to cut out the top to add more fans.

Reason im asking is that i am totally new to pc building and really am totally lost.
Am also open to suggestions for other cases which fits the size.

Thank you

PS: please forgive my english as it is not my first language.

edit: I noticed that i have posted this in the wrong sub thread. Hope mods can transfer it to the "other hardware mods" sub. Thank you all.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,934 Posts
The "Other Hardware Mods" forum is for modifications to hardware. You're just talking about putting more fans in a computer case. So, I think it's fine being in the Computer Cases forum. It probably also could have been posted in the Air Cooling forum, but it doesn't matter that much. I'm sure this is fine.

Anyway, I think the real question is, 'do you really need to worry about it'? I mean, what will you have for a video card? Will you be overclocking? Whether the stock cooling setup of your case is enough can depend on what you will have in your computer and whether you'll be overclocking. Most systems with 1 video card are just fine with a good intake and a good exhaust fan setup in their case. You don't necessarily have to have so much airflow that your case could start to fly. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your reply.

The reason im asking is because im from south east asia and it gets pretty hot. And due to allergies, i dont use the A/C.
The elite does not have an exhaust fan at the back, i plan for the PSU to suck air from up top and not act as an exhaust.
Wanted to add some fans as an exhaust at the side.

Lol ya, i get what you mean. I guess i'll just have to give it a shot first and see how the initial temps are.

Thanks!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroft View Post

Thank you so much for your reply.

The reason im asking is because im from south east asia and it gets pretty hot. And due to allergies, i dont use the A/C.
The elite does not have an exhaust fan at the back, i plan for the PSU to suck air from up top and not act as an exhaust.
Wanted to add some fans as an exhaust at the side.

Lol ya, i get what you mean. I guess i'll just have to give it a shot first and see how the initial temps are.

Thanks!
Oh. What video card do you plan to have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello there.

Here's my choice of parts for now. Just a budget 1080p gaming rig.

CPU: Intel G4560
Mobo: Asus H110i-Plus ITX mobo
Ram: G Skill Aegis 8gb 1x
Hdd: WD Blue 2tb
GPU: GTX 1050ti oc 4g (zotac or msi)
PSU: FSP Hyper K 80+ white 500w
Casing: CM Elite 130

1 - 5 of 5 Posts