Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just added the side panels etc to my case, and have noticed by touch that the case temp is quite hot. And the CPU is at 41c now.

I have 2 80mm shown. Is it best to have one bringing the air in and one taking it out?

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Both of those should take in air. The best is to add a fan to the back side of the case that takes air out, so you get a front-to-back airflow.

even moving one of those to the back would be better.... although I recommend an additional fan (pref. 120mm, or anoher pair of 80mm fans...whatever fits in the back of the case)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
in and out on the same side kinda means the air is being drawn in then sucked back out.

Think about one fan at front bottom (cool air is lower) and other fan at back of case highest it can be near the CPU. That way cold air is being drawn in from the cold lower regions of room, and the other Fan is extracting the warm air lurking around the CPU and GFX

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres no where to put a fan at the back of the case, I would have thought there would be as its a server case. The only place for a 120mm fan is above the PSU at the back. But it looks too high to be affective.

Ill post a pic in a min

1 - 9 of 9 Posts