Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Been around...
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says...

Specifically, I have an EK EVO Supremacy that I can't bring myself to throw in the garbage. I've disassembled it to clean as well as I can, but there are limits what I can do with the "EK Nickel Plating", and I'm not sure how to go about drying it for preservation and storage.

(Or shipment to someone else who might want it.)

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
Wipe it dry as best you can, then let natural drying take care of the rest. Just leave it unassembled for a couple of days to completely dry, put it back together and put it back in the box. Nothing you need to do that isn't obvious.

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
Tooth brush and tooth paste to clean everything
Dry and reassemble
I usually use some blue tape to cover in/ outlets put back in the box.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
As the title says...

Specifically, I have an EK EVO Supremacy that I can't bring myself to throw in the garbage. I've disassembled it to clean as well as I can, but there are limits what I can do with the "EK Nickel Plating", and I'm not sure how to go about drying it for preservation and storage.

Funny, I'm in the exact same boat. I'm about to replace my old Supremacy and I had the same questions.

·
EJays gaming mods
24 Posts
Really ciarlatano ?? You were saying in some other post how no one should never reuse any water cooling part !! That they would leak our have clogs

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
Really ciarlatano ?? You were saying in some other post how no one should never reuse any water cooling part !! That they would leak our have clogs
Uh....no. Never said that. The posts you referred to in that thread in that thread wasn't even mine....nor did that post even say it. You have some issues.

·
Moderately Ancient
368 Posts
As the title says...

My old Aquacomputer Kryographics GPU block that was on my 780ti kept tarnishing (being copper and all that) so after i cleaned it real good using dish soap and a little "barkeepers friend" which brightens copper, brass, etc, rinsed with distilled water, and dried using my air compressor in the garage, i put it into one of those vacuum sealer bags for food, sealed it up and it looks the same as when i sealed it up probably 2 years ago. As others have said, toothpaste also works well.

Attachments

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,772 Posts
foodsavers are an awesome around the house tool for more than food & weed, it's true.

·
Moderately Ancient
368 Posts
foodsavers are an awesome around the house tool for more than food & weed, it's true.

^^^ one of the best comments ive seen in a while. :)

·
Premium Member
6,304 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
And yet I have infraction points for things that don't hold a candle.
Let's not even go there.....I feel like mods do it just to get who ever reported it to stop whining at them....

·
Premium Member
6,304 Posts
So its not favoritism anymore?

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,772 Posts
^^^ one of the best comments ive seen in a while. :)
have another -

all I know is, the small size bag fits two kinda green perfect.

And yet I have infraction points for things that don't hold a candle.

i'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Let's not even go there.....I feel like mods do it just to get who ever reported it to stop whining at them....

i think that's what its been, but Pioneer mentioned that there's some sorta rumblings in the underground about OGs returning + I got an infraction for skirting stars the other day, so seems they're maybe possible starting to make more of an attempt again for some reason?

So its not favoritism anymore?

;)

IDK how i'm still on my first account here, all these years later. I'm much more mellow now, 3 TBI later.

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
Yeah vac seal is going the extra mile :)

·
Premium Member
6,304 Posts
i'll show you mine if you show me yours.

i think that's what its been, but Pioneer mentioned that there's some sorta rumblings in the underground about OGs returning + I got an infraction for skirting stars the other day, so seems they're maybe possible starting to make more of an attempt again for some reason?

;)
https://www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=359642&stc=1&d=1594347468

Got this one for posting a jaw drop 'emoticon' in screenshots of your games without a screenshot of a game. There has always been off topic discussion since the beginning of the first one.

[ I had a whole book of mods and members and issues I have had here but, its in the past. I backspaced. ]

Thats probably the dumbest INFRACTION I have.

Attachments

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
lol off topic is classic :thumb:

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
"Skirting stars"? I'm not familiar with the term.

It's actually been a new mod I've seen who has been trigger happy with infractions and thread closings. I get that - no history of what has gone on in the past, who has been inappropriate for years and is going to get called out for it resulting in the poster calling them out getting dinged, and.....they need to show that they are actually doing something in the forums. And I'm sure they get whined at incessantly by oversensitive kids all day.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=359642&stc=1&d=1594347468

Got this one for posting a jaw drop 'emoticon' in screenshots of your games without a screenshot of a game. There has always been off topic discussion since the beginning of the first one.

[ I had a whole book of mods and members and issues I have had here but, its in the past. I backspaced. ]

Thats probably the dumbest INFRACTION I have.
I have two infractions in all of my time here, and both are for the exact same thing - referring to a specific individual by a play on his name. I know it infuriates said individual, so I do it once for about every fifty times I see him post something intentionally disrespect or infuriating to other posters. Then he/she reports me. It's great irony. :D
@ThrashZone - agreed, the vac seal definitely is going the extra mile. Great idea, @skupples! But......I would make sure that block is bone dry before I sealed it. Maybe it's being overcautious, but I could see myself pulling the block out a year later with a corrosion spot.

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
Yeah vac seal a mile I wouldn't bother with personally.

·
Been around...
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would it be safe to assume that if I was given an infraction that I'd somehow be notified about it? (In another thread, like 2-3 of my posts got deleted by a mod - who didn't even have the courtesy of sending me a PM or anything to let me know why/what/anything. I wonder if they slapped me with an infraction as well and didn't bother to let me know.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts