Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Connect a T-line after the pump,

On the end of the T line you could either:

Installe piece of tubing longenough to reach outside the case to a bucket or something. Then plug that up with a drain port. http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Bi...lack_1038.html

OR

Install as you said a quick disconnect plug, that way when you need to drain it you connect the other end up with an extended piece of tubing to a bucket.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I use a clip used to close chip bags to pinch a low hose off, then cut the lowest hose, position over a bucket, then release the clip.

Clip looks like these:

• Rep+
Reactions: RatDog

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderous Moppet
View Post

I use a clip used to close chip bags to pinch a low hose off, then cut the lowest hose, position over a bucket, then release the clip.

Clip looks like these:

Obviously this means replacing a length of hose every time.

Soon adds up the cost.

Personally I would go for a T-line / Drainage plug.

Then if needs be replace the tubing when required.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Do the QDC idea it works great as I have used it a few times. I use a G1/4 threaded Koolance VL3N on a T-Block and then have a barbed VLN3 in a piece of old tube. When I need to drain I put the hose in a jar, 1/4 twist and it is hooked up. Then I open the fill port on my res to prevent a vacuum in the loop and out comes almost all the water. My 360 rad is horizontal so I have to tip the case a bit to get the last bit of water to get out of that rad.

Koolance also makes an in-line drain port that has either compression fittings on either end or G1/4 for your own fittings. But it has a little screw off port for when you are ready to drain the system. I personally don't like that solution as much because you have to make sure you have enough tube on that link to pull the tube out of your case a bit in order to get the drain over a bucket.

I love the QDC way of doing it because I don't have all that extra tube just sitting in my case and don't have to worry about unscrewing a stop plug over a bucket and hope water doesn't go everywhere while I am unscrewing.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderous Moppet View Post

Clip looks like these:

That is a great idea, I have used a pair of pliers and it works ok as long as I don't lose my grip. Thanks for the tip +rep to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.