Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to mount a 90mm fan in an 80mm space without having to buy anything extra? its a side panel fan that im mounting

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
yeah, if you have a drill around, just make new holes but I think you should just buy a pack of cable ties and use them in place of screws

my case has the space and mounts in the front for four 80 mm fans but Im just using a single 120 mm for now and its being held in place with cable ties and has been fine for over a year... in my case, the 120 mm is actually smaller then the space that could be used but you should just make sure the ties are tightly "wound" in the screw holes and they should work fine

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut
yeah, if you have a drill around, just make new holes but I think you should just buy a pack of cable ties and use them in place of screws

my case has the space and mounts in the front for four 80 mm fans but Im just using a single 120 mm for now and its being held in place with cable ties and has been fine for over a year... in my case, the 120 mm is actually smaller then the space that could be used but you should just make sure the ties are tightly "wound" in the screw holes and they should work fine
heh, thats exactly what i ended up using, the cable ties. and i didnt even read your reply. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
you can do another more secure thing....get small small plates of at least 2mm thickness and drill holes on them. one hole for the 80mm frame and the other for the 90mm fan... make 4 plates and u can use this as an adaptor for the fan and it is more secure and u dont even touch the casing

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinkin about something like that but i couldnt find any good material to use

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
look for some used tin cans in ur backyard or inside the garbage can...u can easily use them. but use the top or bottom of the can since this is the strongest part of the can...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrixMII300
look for some used tin cans in ur backyard or inside the garbage can...u can easily use them. but use the top or bottom of the can since this is the strongest part of the can...
haha ok. good idea, maybe ill try that later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts