Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
What is the best way to paint my case. I don't have alot of money either. Basically i've got this ghetto beige case, but it would look so sick blue or another color. I think i'm going to follow this somewhat,http://case-mods.linear1.org/case-mo...r-case-part-1/,
but i am interested in having a few stencils on there as well. How would i go about adding the stencils following that?

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Using spraybombs and tape and a light touch with razor knife will do.

Edit: More specifically imagine what you want the final product to be and go backwards "layer" at a time--you will see how background colors are the first thing applied and so on by moving backwards through the process in your mind's eye. Stencils are useful primarily for reproduction--for one of a kind graphics or effects I would use tape and cut it lightly with a razor blade--a light tough so as not mar th finish below the tape--peel away the part you want to make a different color and leave taped everything else--after all the layers are on several layers of clear will help melt the edges and give it a uniform appearance.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
if i can stress anything its prep work make sure you sand everything atleast a little bit to rough it up and then make sure its clean before you start painting
around 75f is ideal but anywhere between 70 to 90 is ok (no direct sunlight ) and you should be allright

put the base color then the stencils items and then a clear coat if your adding that

all in all you can do it pretty cheap and itll look real nice G.L.

·
Registered
756 Posts
go to salvo auto parts and get some automotive spray paint. look for the kind with the head that spreyes it like a line. not a circle. ull get even flaw and if u do it right u wont get any runs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the <bold>INSANE</bold> response. Awesome. So, to summarize, Do the prep work well, primer, prep, base (main colors), top design, clear, polish. The only problem is that you need more than 1 layer of paint for each. Any solutions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.