Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
For this to work both outlets needs to be on the same phase of your panel. Now if they are not, you could easily move what breaker it is on at the panel. But if you are not a person that knows what he is doing around power sources, I would not touch it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

For this to work both outlets needs to be on the same phase of your panel. Now if they are not, you could easily move what breaker it is on at the panel. But if you are not a person that knows what he is doing around power sources, I would not touch it.
really?
i thought any two sockets would work

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgaming247 View Post

really?
i thought any two sockets would work
Any two sockets on the same side of your panel.

It will probably tell you this in the manual as well.

Unless it can talk via the shared neutral bus.
rolleyes.gif

An easy way to tell is find the breakers that control each room. And look at the phase they are both on. The rows alternate phases. So First Row is Phase A, Second Is Phase B, Third is Phase A, etc. You don't need to do anything more than open the door and look, totally safe.

If you happen to have the rooms on different phases, you need to switch them.
wink.gif

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Any two sockets on the same side of your panel.

It will probably tell you this in the manual as well.

Unless it can talk via the shared neutral bus.
rolleyes.gif

An easy way to tell is find the breakers that control each room. And look at the phase they are both on. The rows alternate phases. So First Row is Phase A, Second Is Phase B, Third is Phase A, etc. You don't need to do anything more than open the door and look, totally safe.

If you happen to have the rooms on different phases, you need to switch them.
wink.gif
thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts