Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. I've been thinking of going wireless, but looking to get the "best" wireless combo out. I'm currently on a Corsair K70 RGB and a Logi 502 Proteus. Any suggestions? Only prefernce I have is it has to be mech.

And... I mainly play FPS (BF1, etc...)

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
I did the same not to long ago. But instead of going for a combo I brought mouse & keyboard separately.I brought two different keyboards(Anne Pro RGB and Drevo Calibur 71) and two different mice(Logitech g900 & g703). I ended up going with the Drevo board & the g703. The Drevo Calibur(black switches) is smallish and has all the keys that I need without using FN combo's. I type about 60wpm and haven't had any trouble with latency or accuracy with this keyboard(bluetooth 4.0). With the keyboard and wireless dongle about 2 feet from each other. I couldn't get over the(slippery)plastic feel and profile of the g900 while the g703 fits my hand like a glove with the rubberized side grip. I guess you could say that I have medium size hands and use the claw grip type of style to hold on to the mouse.With that being said these are the mice/keyboards I checkout/researched.Your budget/needs depending... I'm sure others will chime in as well.

1-Logitech g603,g703,g900,Steelseries sensei,Corsair Dark Core RGB, mice.
2-Anne Pro(61-key),Drevo Calibur 71,Logitech g613,Corsair K63.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the same not to long ago. But instead of going for a combo I brought mouse & keyboard separately.I brought two different keyboards(Anne Pro RGB and Drevo Calibur 71) and two different mice(Logitech g900 & g703). I ended up going with the Drevo board & the g703. The Drevo Calibur(black switches) is smallish and has all the keys that I need without using FN combo's. I type about 60wpm and haven't had any trouble with latency or accuracy with this keyboard(bluetooth 4.0). With the keyboard and wireless dongle about 2 feet from each other. I couldn't get over the(slippery)plastic feel and profile of the g900 while the g703 fits my hand like a glove with the rubberized side grip. I guess you could say that I have medium size hands and use the claw grip type of style to hold on to the mouse.With that being said these are the mice/keyboards I checkout/researched.Your budget/needs depending... I'm sure others will chime in as well.

1-Logitech g603,g703,g900,Steelseries sensei,Corsair Dark Core RGB, mice.
2-Anne Pro(61-key),Drevo Calibur 71,Logitech g613,Corsair K63.

Thanks fornthe detailed response. That's probably the route I'll be going as well. I have a bunch of wired in and mice. I always seem to mix and match. I've not tried any Drevos but I may just get one to try.

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
One word of caution with the Drevo Calibur if you decide to go that route. If your going to put replacement keycaps on the board. The Backspace,Enter, Shift keys and Spacebar have stabilizers that can be easily broken when pulling off the caps. So do so with care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts