Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pent 4 Northwood 2.8, i went to the Big Typhoon website, I noticed that the supported 478 sockets included the Prescott 3.0. Will it also be compatable to my Northwood? And if so, do u also think I would have clearance problems in my Sony Vaio factory case? I looked at the Big Typhoon CL-P0114! Your help is greatly appreciated! Don't give a man a fish! Teach him to fish!

If a new case, could u suggest a good case within $150 with possibly a clear side?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Look at the dimensions of it... Take some measurements in your case and see if it works. Like you said, don't give a man a fish...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the Big Typhoon be compatable to my processor? And thank u, I got the Big Typhoon dimensions and I will measure the area that it would be placed, as well as, my case!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yes, it's compatible with at (least) 478, 775 and K8 -- I'm not sure about the rest but it should say on the description from the site you're buying it from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Once I get the proper cooling, hopefully this will extend some stability to some higher overclocks. When I bring the CPU speed over 3.1, my internet starts tripping. Is that common with instability? At 3.1 with a load, my temps are about 55.5 - 56.5. I read a couple of posts that suggest that a northwood should remain lower that 55. It would be nice to bring it down 10 degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts