Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a poor msi 880g e35 and i want to know is a gigabyte ma790xt better and will it let me power my pII be560 unlocked + overclocked without blowing its powersupply unit as i think the gigabyte has better cooling ?

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Yes. Your MSI board only has 3+1 power phases with no heatsinks. That Gigabyte board has 8+2 phases and a heatsink over them, so you can overclock as far as you would like with no worries. The MSI would assuredly die under heavy overclocks.

• Rep+
Reactions: ozaudio

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

Yes. Your MSI board only has 3+1 power phases with no heatsinks. That Gigabyte board has 8+2 phases and a heatsink over them, so you can overclock as far as you would like with no worries. The MSI would assuredly die under heavy overclocks.

This.

That Gigabyte board still performs great and will let you go much further with your PII

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wont be changing my cpu anytime soon but theres 2 of the gigabyte boards on ebay im watching so it's all good if it will do what i want,

i like to have something that is cheap but good value for money and my cpu unlocks to 4cores as ive already tryed it so its very good for my needs

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
The ma790xt was one of the best am3 overclocking motherboards. Go for it. The vrms are very well designed unlike the msi board which is not 125w ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts