Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 6months i came around to clean my WC loop and while trying to clean the dust out of the rad fins my dad told me to turn the water up because it was too low. i told him no because it will bend the fins and his like no don't worry i'll replace it if it does. so now i'm stuck with an RS360 with 10%-15% bent fins.

So how much will this affect my overall wc performance?
And what are better rads that i can replace mines?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoul844;15326483
So after 6months i came around to clean my WC loop and while trying to clean the dust out of the rad fins my dad told me to turn the water up because it was too low. i told him no because it will bind the fins and his like no don't worry i'll replace it if it does. so now i'm stuck with an RS360 with 10%-15% bent fins.

So how much will this affect my overall wc performance?
And what are better rads that i can replace mines?
The RX 360 is a much thicker rad and should improve cooling performance quite a bit. Its also fairly inexpensive, and does well with low speed fans, so it should be quiet.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolinman;15326502
The RX 360 is a much thicker rad and should improve cooling performance quite a bit. Its also fairly inexpensive, and does well with low speed fans, so it should be quiet.
Well noise is not a problem since my rad is outside. i have high speed fans around 110CFM will that improve the cooling performance when get from an RX360? since it made for low speed?

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you plan on going back with an RS360, I have one that's brand new. I'm not going to use it. I'll let you have it at a good price, and I have iTrader on here as a seller from a wanted thread. Good luck.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEN_ONE;15326583
If you plan on going back with an RS360, I have one that's brand new. I'm not going to use it. I'll let you have it at a good price, and I have iTrader on here as a seller from a wanted thread. Good luck.
thanks and i shall let you know because now i'm thinking of RX360 since it is thicker but how much for rs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebadlemonade;15326597
if you have fans over 2000 rpm on it and don't mind them running full speed grab a black ice gtx 360
yup over 2000rpm will this be better then an Rx360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizrdSleevz;15326620
Wait what..? how did the fins bend?
From the garden hose being at full blast!
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,579 Posts
Yup the gtx are generally considered better than the rx's for very high speed fans, they are however more restrictive. The RX's are very good value for money though. If you have plenty of money the tfc monsta's are also very good (hugely thick and very low restriction). There's also the new aqua computing rads that pope has, haven't seen any reviews yet.

http://www.overclock.net/case-labs/1112453-caselabs-m8-aquacomputer-ams-radiators.html

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoul844;15326640
From the garden hose being at full blast!
frown.gif
Well that sucks. I was wondering.. I turn my sink & bath tub on full blast and it doesn't damage my fins.

But one way you can straighten em out is with a eyebrow plucker. One that is flat & not pointy. My GF has one & its useful for both of us
smile.gif

I can take a picture if you'd like so you can see what im talking about. You just clamp down on the fin thats bent & pull up. Pretty simple & it doesn't damage anything.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebadlemonade;15326707
yea, the gtx 360 preforms better with high rpm fans, the higher the better, it can keep it under a 10 degree delta with high wattage setups
http://skinneelabs.com/assets/images/Radiators/HWLabs/GTX360/GTX360_CWChart.jpg

here's a review http://skinneelabs.com/hwlabs-gtx-360/
Which one was in the review? whats the difference and whats better with xtreme gtx 360?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5326/ex-rad-109/Black_Ice_GTX_Xtreme_360_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s161

and regular gtx 360

http://www.jab-tech.com/Black-Ice-GTX-360-Radiator-pr-3613.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizrdSleevz;15326766
I'm not sure if thats what you'd call em.. tweezers sound more like a tool
tongue.gif
and i would but i don't want to make them worst with tweezers cause some fins are comeing out
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoul844;15326526
Well noise is not a problem since my rad is outside. i have high speed fans around 110CFM will that improve the cooling performance when get from an RX360? since it made for low speed?
High static pressure should be what you are looking for rather than just high RPM fans.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts