Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally posted the same in wrong forum. Reposting

Finally was able to get roughly 700 points more than my previous 3dmark2001 score.
Now its at 19525 points.

Trying to see if i can push it more...

Here is a link

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearbox

Nice, what did you do to get those 700 3DMarks (since your last benchmark)?

Enabled CPU Multiplier unlock...so it went from 17 to 14. Increased FSB to 275 Mhz. Memory timings - 2.5-3-3-6

FSB:Mem is not 1:1 its 3:2..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by paultbg

Hi there,
It's a great score, really.
But tell me how did you enabled CPU Multiplier unlock ?
Regards,

I shouldnt call it CPU Mulitplier unlock. Sorry for confusing you. THe Ratio is still locked, but you have a feature in Asus mobo's called CPU Lock Free. That is the actual term in BIOS. By default this is disabled (Auto infact)...and once you enable this feature, the default multiplier of 17 goes down to 14. This reduction in multi, helps in increasing the FSB freq which inturn increases mem bus bandwidth.

This is a good way to push the capabilities of your system, without pushing the CPU to its limits..Another potential advantage, you could use a faster ram chip and forget about trying to cool your processor well...

My mem bus speed is now close to a 1066 (hopefully i dont fry my mobo)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

I shouldnt call it CPU Mulitplier unlock. Sorry for confusing you. THe Ratio is still locked, but you have a feature in Asus mobo's called CPU Lock Free. That is the actual term in BIOS. By default this is disabled (Auto infact)...and once you enable this feature, the default multiplier of 17 goes down to 14. This reduction in multi, helps in increasing the FSB freq which inturn increases mem bus bandwidth.

This is a good way to push the capabilities of your system, without pushing the CPU to its limits..Another potential advantage, you could use a faster ram chip and forget about trying to cool your processor well...

My mem bus speed is now close to a 1066 (hopefully i dont fry my mobo)

Check my new 3dmark03 score. I probably wont be able to push more than this limited by memory bandwidth/display card. Still its better than last score. 200 points more. Score : 9320.

-----------------------------------

EDIT:

With these settings I am able to get another 85 points on 3dmark05. I seriously think i am limited by my display card at this moment. Time to try omega drivers and see if it helps or not!!

3dmark05 score - 3590. Previous score: 3505.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts