Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus

Because you didn't ask.... if you don't ask, you don't get....

CODSWALLOP!!!! Someone should have mentioned that... its like the first consumer line card to have those features... thats big man... that means we're getting to the days where we can almost make hollywood movies on personal PCs

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I actually did not even realize it. Does any software take advantage of it yet though? The article implies not.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon

I actually did not even realize it. Does any software take advantage of it yet though? The article implies not.

yea but that article talks about x700 coming out in september... so i imagine its sorta old... but yea i dont know... i need to look into it but its difficult to find stuff like that on software

·
Registered
698 Posts
well some people have posted articles that it isnt functional because with a certian HDTV preview (Step into Liquid) it pegs the CPU to 100% usage. Now here is what I have to say about that. Windows 2000 (at least up to SP3) and Windows XP and XP + SP1 incorrectly peg the CPU usage at 100% when you open up the task manager, in my experence anyway. So their problems could be real, or have to do with that glitch.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

well some people have posted articles that it isnt functional because with a certian HDTV preview (Step into Liquid) it pegs the CPU to 100% usage. Now here is what I have to say about that. Windows 2000 (at least up to SP3) and Windows XP and XP + SP1 incorrectly peg the CPU usage at 100% when you open up the task manager, in my experence anyway. So their problems could be real, or have to do with that glitch.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...-theory_6.html

hdtv bla bla... forceware bla bla.... i dont really understand it fully... but it does work?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Looks like they enabled support for it in the newest forceware drivers.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Looks like they enabled support for it in the newest forceware drivers.

cool! so i understood it better than i thought I did.... it's odd that the 6800 doesnt perform a smidgeon better in this test though... i mean i understand that it should be level being that it is not a task that fully utilizes the advantages of the 6800... but still.. the 6600 is a godsend for the HTPC user though...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, it could be because they use the same video processor and it only uses a certian amount of the GPU power, and thats a constant number rather than percentage.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Well, it could be because they use the same video processor and it only uses a certian amount of the GPU power, and thats a constant number rather than percentage.

yes... most likely... hehe... i just think that they should always do something to tweak the card at all levels... ah well.. thats just not logical, i know.... so yea... i will have to find something HD to watch this week... in two days time I am going to CompUSA.... scamming them to switch out my DFI since I broke a resistor off... and then I'm gonna pick up a 6800gt somewhere retail... because after playing rainbow six on my friends similar pc with a BFG 6800 OC... i NEED IT NOW!!!! even though rainbow six is no farcry... its damn nice

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

yeah I like the 6800 OC

well yours is a GT... his is the standard OC... free farcry though... i need to figure out whether or not i should buy a gt now... i mean for 100 dollars less its a damn good card

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

well yours is a GT... his is the standard OC... free farcry though... i need to figure out whether or not i should buy a gt now... i mean for 100 dollars less its a damn good card

A GT is a far superior card than a 6800.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts