Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed BF 2142, and (this is probably a dumb question) isn't there any way to play on an offline pc?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Yeah... play single player mode. You can create up to 16 bots. However, you must be connected to the Internet to have access to any unlocks.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought....but I can't seem to get it to load the game - it keeps trying to get me to set up an online account. (btw, I went ahead and installed a fixed exe, as usual...should I try it w/out the fixed exe?)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
From what I've read, BF2142 profile creation is online based. And talking about nocds, fixed exes, etc. isn't allowed.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, sorry. I always install one a soon as I get a new game, ever since I scrached Rise of Nations (back in the day when it had "great graphics"
).

OK, I'm probably being a noob, but how do I create an offline account? It's easy if BF2, but I can't figure out how to do it with BF 2142.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Well you need to have an internet connection to even be able to play offline versus bots. You need to create an account online with EA. They do it this way so even people that try to pirate it to play offline have trouble doing so.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
OK, I'm probably being a noob, but how do I create an offline account? It's easy if BF2, but I can't figure out how to do it with BF 2142.
I posted it earlier.
Profile creation is online based.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But what about honest people who just want to play it on an off-line pc? (

I get online with my dad's pc, and play games and watch dvds on my pc. (And I'd hate to try to play BF 2142 on my dad's pc, as it has 512Mb RAM, and a *gag* 1.8Ghz Celeron.)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I believe the latest patch may let you create a profile offline.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lastest patch is 1.1, right?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmm...
A.) is that possible, do you think?
and
B.) is that legal? (I would expect it to be legal, since I'm not actually playing it on the other pc...)

I really apprecite the help, btw (although you probably think I'm an idiot by now...
)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
hmmm...
A.) is that possible, do you think?
and
B.) is that legal? (I would expect it to be legal, since I'm not actually playing it on the other pc...)

I really apprecite the help, btw (although you probably think I'm an idiot by now...
)
I don't think you're an idiot. I don't even have the game.

1. It may or not be possible, I can't try it to find out.
2. You're only copying the profile from one pc to another. There's nothing illegal about that. Of course, you would have to install the game on two computers to try this method out but just uninstall it from the online pc once it's working.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, I'll try that..I'll post back to let you know if it worked.

·
404 Title Not Found
2,328 Posts
Yea I don't believe you can create an account off-line (without a patch atleast). My friend has dialup so I just copied my account folder and put it on his computer when he wanted to try the game out~ didn't have to connect the computer to the internet since it thought there was already an account. Bot's obviously aren't all that smart but its still pretty fun to play.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My dad's (pathetic) pc isn't even capable of installing the game, so I can't register it that way.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is there anyone who installed either the full game or the demo who would be able and willing to create an account, and then e-mail me the profile data?

If this is against the TOS, let me know...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts