Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone else is still experiencing this problem<br />
<br />
You know the one........happily kicking arse on BF2 (BF2142) and then suddenly BOOM back to desktop or BOOM hard reboot! <br />
<br />
Well I started getting this problem a few weeks ago. Justg after V-Modding my 7900GT, so obviously I thought that was the problem and bought a ATI X1950XTX, but last night after installing the card I still had the problem! Goddamit!<br />
<br />
Then I tried a solution thats been flying round the net for ages, one I had ignored for being to simple to fix the problem...........turning off Voice Over IP in the BF2/BF2142 menu WORKS, after turning it off last night I was able to play for 3 hours without CTD ir hard reboot.<br />
<br />
Try it if you are still having the problems........Hope this helps<br />
<br />
Joe

• Rep+
Reactions: thedarklordjay

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
erm but then you cant use the VOIP?

·
Registered
764 Posts
well then it comes down to what you like more....<br />
<br />
I'll go try that now i have been having the problem too. I use ventrilo anyway for playing with my clan so i dont mind.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OH well done 3 hours without it CTD!! Its amazing what people will do to get around EA's ****ty coding!!

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
BF2 has been running very good for me. It totally closed last night while gaming but I was able to get back into the server before the end of the round to retreive my 96 or so points lol. I'll try disabling VoIP since I dont use it anyways...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts