Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so for some reason I forced 6xAA and 16xAF through ATI Tray Tools and when I launched BF2 there was none on. Came out of it, went into ATT, changed AA and AF settings to App Controlled. Went back into BF2, still no AA/AF. Checked ingame settings, 6xAA was selected.

Still no AA/AF..

What's goin on? :/

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would PunkBuster thinking I'm trying to cheat completely disable antialiasing ingame?

And yes I do have the latest update

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
For some reason it doesnt seem to force through drivers, turn off AA in Tray tools (or application selected) and set it in Bf2, thats the only way i can get AA in BF2

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah AA is currently at App-Controlled through tray tools, and in-game it's set to 6x, but it still isn't showing

I'll try disabling it ingame then reenabling it and see what that does.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sven123
View Post

pb on maybe thy think youretrying to cheat i recommend a re-instal, btw do u have latest update!?

Do you own a dictionary or spellcheck?

Try reinstalling the drivers ad mate

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam144
View Post

Yeah AA is currently at App-Controlled through tray tools, and in-game it's set to 6x, but it still isn't showing

I'll try disabling it ingame then reenabling it and see what that does.

:\\

delete the folder BF2 folder in My Documents (All settings and Screenies will be lost) and then reset all of your settings, should work, make sure you know your account details too as you will need to retrive your account.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ
View Post

:\\

delete the folder BF2 folder in My Documents (All settings and Screenies will be lost) and then reset all of your settings, should work, make sure you know your account details too as you will need to retrive your account.

Lol, now it won't even let me turn AA off ingame so I'll have to do that I guess..

I F'IN HATE EA

YOU SILLY BUGGERS

ARGH

Put my account details in, hit Retrieve Account.. WOAAA i'm sat there staring at "Connecting to account server." for 5 minutes.

Pile of bull to be honest.

OH MY FRICKIN CHRIST

THIS IS SO ANNOYING SERIOUSLY

Now when I try to do it just ****ing crashes to desktop..... GRRRR

Looks like I can't play BF2 then.

All I wanted to do was record a ****ing video with some AA on and now this happens, EA is seriously a pile of bull****, I wish their headquarters would just implode.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam144 View Post
Lol, now it won't even let me turn AA off ingame so I'll have to do that I guess..

I F'IN HATE EA

YOU SILLY BUGGERS

ARGH

Put my account details in, hit Retrieve Account.. WOAAA i'm sat there staring at "Connecting to account server." for 5 minutes.

Pile of bull to be honest.

OH MY FRICKIN CHRIST

THIS IS SO ANNOYING SERIOUSLY

Now when I try to do it just ****ing crashes to desktop..... GRRRR

Looks like I can't play BF2 then.

All I wanted to do was record a ****ing video with some AA on and now this happens, EA is seriously a pile of bull****, I wish their headquarters would just implode.
I feel your pain, i have reinstalled BF2 upwards of 20 times to try and fix various crappy bugs, i now know my BF2 off-by-heart

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
BF2 doesn't allow forcing AA through anything, the only way to use it is to set it in game. There is a bug though, where you can't change settings sometimes so you can edit the video.con file in my documents and that usually does the trick. Here's all high settings for you to copy.

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 3
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
VideoSettings.setResolution [email protected]
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 6Samples
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 2