Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have 2 questions, one, I randomly got 2 unlocks without even ranking up in BF2 so now I don't know what to get, should I unlock to Tier 1 guns or should I wait for Euro Forces to come out so I can see if there are any new Tier 1 guns or if those guns are Tier 3 like I think they will be......Also, when the heck is it coming out, it SHOULD have been released yesterday......

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well, I'm a Gunnery Saergent, so I'm just going to gloat and not help you

lol jk

I'd say be safe and just unlock guns that are proven to be good right now. Wait til you can find out about the quality of the new guns before you unlock any of them.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I personally like the guns they have, I know there will be new weapons but I realy hadnt thought about using them for the new Booster. Also the new Booster is going ot be like $10 so if its like SF if you play a round you get another unlock. Plus if I rank up again I get 2 unlcoks (one for BF and one for SF), which I'm pretty close.

As far as when it'll come out, I know it's delayed and htye said it was going to be, but it might be late this month early next

·
Registered
169 Posts
ea released a statement about a week ago that said that the expansion packs were going to be pushed back. no specific time was said but they mentioned the latter half of february (ea, vague as always).

2 new guns are going to be released. 1 is a new sniper rifle, and the other is a SMG for the AT class. sorry, but i cant remember their names

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that doesn't answer my Q, should I spend my unlocks now or save them for Euro Forces? Because if I spend them now I wont be able to unlock anything in EF until I attain a higher rank, correct? Though I am like <100 points away from the next rank, 2500pts, whatever the hell that is, I hardly even care anymore.

No there are a few new guns, among them a P90, a new sniper which is the L96 (good ole AWP) and an L85A2 (they already have the L85A1 so I dont know what the heck the difference is, mainly looks I suppose) as well as an L85A2 with a grenade launcher mounted on it and also a FA MAS.

* HK53A3
* Famas
* SA80 L85A2
* SA80 L85A2 with UGL (AG-36)
* HK21
* Benelli M4
* P90
* L96A1

Thats the official list. M4 and I think the HK21 are new shotties

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
No worries guys, When it comes out, You automatically get the AWP and the AT gun.

You don't need to save your unlocks!

Mmmmm... AWP whoring in TWO games now.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://pc.ign.com/articles/681/681055p1.html

Oh snap, Euro Forces may be the first booster pack but there will be another one, also for $10, coming March 28 (although this date was before they announced the delay and I think both boosters got delayed
) and apparently it features 3 new maps, all set in the US and adds a ton of new vehicles, its called BF2 Armored Fury. Sounds good to me

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Well, Not the AWP, But VERY close to it. The L115A1.

Check EA's site, the official gun, as they call it is the L96A1 which is basically the British Army's variant of the AWP (Arctic Warfare Police) only diff is the AWP is black and they may chamber different rounds, I don't remember.

EDIT/// Nope, both chamber the .308 Remington:

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/52...?highlight=AWM

Here is a link I posted a while ago describing the AWP, AWM, AW Folding Stock, L96 and all the other variants of this awesome sniper boomstick

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are the same, just different colorings The only difference is the folding stock and theres a .50 cal version! YIKES!

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I've got a friend who has the airsoft gun version of the L96A1, complete with the bipod and everything, its so bad ass, I think it shoots about 460FPS or something like that, he upgraded it so much that the spring is almost impossible to operate while in firing position, infact out of all of my friends, only me and one other friend can do it without setting the gun down or using the opposite hand! Luckily I haven't been shot by it but I've seen what it does to cans and street signs!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts