Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I will start off asking when you get your first unlock and what is the best one to choose.

Next is that when I play servers I get disconnected alot. It seems to be takin a while to lvl up. Does it not count score if you are disconnected?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
all scores are counted regardless of whether you finish the round or not. ever notice that if you disconnect and reconnect to the same server, your score is still there?

as for unlocks, i'd say get the G36C, which is the special ops class. it's has tremendous accuracy and does plenty of damage. and of course you have your C4 to throw around, lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had 549 global score connected to a server got ten points said I got Lance corporal so I disconnected. Went to bfhq and I was still at 549. And when do I get my unlock?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sheidow

Well I had 549 global score connected to a server got ten points said I got Lance corporal so I disconnected. Went to bfhq and I was still at 549. And when do I get my unlock?

it takes a while for the BF2 stats servers to save your info. it certainly isn't instant. lol after BF2 first launched, their stats servers got overloaded and it would often take a week to get your stats updated.

anyway, wait a while (sometimes it takes a few hours). the next time you login it will say congrats, and let you pick your weapon

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ty man seems like you know the game. WIth the help youve given me lately.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sheidow

Ok ty man seems like you know the game. WIth the help youve given me lately.

i think my global score is 22,000...somewhere around there. lol that's not that much, (especially when compared with the top players....holy crap they play too much, haha) but it's certainly enough to know the game. i don't play it much anymore though, don't have a team to play for right now.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
22000 compared to my 600 ahhh. Woah that musta took sometime.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
well i have 197 logged in xfire since BF2 came out...which isn't a lot at all, plus, at least 20 of those hours were logged at a LAN party (PDXLAN, w00t) on unranked servers...so, yeah, doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im just learning right now like how to fly the planes and helicopters right. Need to learn the basics.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
planes and heli's arent basics lol... there fun tho

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I know I am a little late on this but what class are you playing now? That is probably what you need to unlock for. I played each class untill I got my veteran badge in it and then moved on. I have all of the BF2 unlocks now and 1 SF unlock with my puny 13000 points (I bow to you tobuk). You need to work on getting good with 1 class at a time , take it slow and don't rush into a firefight. I did when I was new and now my kill\\death ratio is horrible. I am around .80 because of my earlier bad playing. It takes awhile to get good, and don't play on clan servers unless you belong to the clann, they will make you hate the game because you die so much. As far as the disconnect issue it seems that happens to me at peak times alot. Try playing during the day on a low latency server or the early morning hours.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Any of you guys know how to get the filters to work again? The latest patch seems to have killed them. I'm halfway past Private

·
Registered
337 Posts
*BUMP*

I just got my first unlock, and when the screen popped up I hit "Choose Later". Where would I go to choose it? or would I have to wait until next unlock?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartnChief

*BUMP*

I just got my first unlock, and when the screen popped up I hit "Choose Later". Where would I go to choose it? or would I have to wait until next unlock?

Sometimes it takes a bit for EA to update but it should appear as soon as you log in to the game, a big notice shows up saying you have been promoted and then you get to choose one of the unlocks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I use to play that game A LOT...like 4 hours a day. Lol. But for unlocks I would definetly recommend the PKM, G36E, M95, or the F2000. I have like 32,000 points so the only unlocks I don't have are the MP7 and the MG36, which both IMO suck. Umm...and yeah blade is right sometimes I would get promoted in a game, then quickly disconnect the game and check BFHQ only to see it hadn't updated, then go back into a game and get promoted again, and the process repeats itself. Lol. But yet the afore mentioned guns are very good guns, but if you like different kits better, than choose a gun from that kit. And just a reminder, the unlocks aren't necessarily suppose to be better, but just a different gun to choose from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts