Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.<br />
<br />
I just installed Vista RC1 and it rocks, and i installed Joint Task Force and ran it just fine. But i cant install BF2. It starts to install, but when it gets to the first map it installs server files it says that install failed.<br />
<br />
I happen to have a copy of the directory on my external HD, i copy the folder to my PC, run bf2, it says that a DX9 file is gone. Isnt there a thngy for this? The file is like dx9(random numbers).dll (or something)<br />
<br />
Someone help please.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumper<br />
<br />
Isnt there a DX9 emulator or something. Someone said BF2 runs fine with RC1, how.?

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump, i remembered that it will work in capatibiliy mode, but it wants to install DX9... what do i do cause it undos the install if i click cancel.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I had the same problem and gave up with it. My friend was able to get it to work by messing with admin privilidges. I was able to get it to run, but it would not let me connect to games...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Mine worked, and worked great..as in it connected and everything. I had horrible stuttering though, like on the intro menus and whatnot, and my brightness settings in my driver didn't work. Also it stuttered a little while in game.<br><br>
And I'm using Vista build 5728

1 - 5 of 5 Posts