Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
No VoIP for the PC in the near future
On Saturday we reported on various hope-giving factors, pointing to VoIP for the PC. Community Manager zh1nt0 gave the corresponding rumors, however, a fairly strong and sharp rebuff: As things stand there is no VoIP for the PC. Too bad, but in view of TeamSpeak, sonar and the like is likely to keep mourning about it for most players is limited. Too bad it is anyway.
When asked why the messages sent by Commo Rose by the way - unlike Battlefield 2 or 2142 - not run as a text chat, zh1nt0 has a response : It was a conscious design decision was. About the topic, you can now discuss much - often brought before the feature was annoying, but it is often too little. It is probably a matter of opinion, how is the lack of radio messages as text log ...
Translated source

Not the end of the world to me as i dont really care about voip as i play with all my friends on mumble anyway.

extra quotes for DLC coming
Quote:
Armored Kill
Armored is supposed to kill - as repeatedly stressed by the developers and regular - deliver the greatest maps ever. Now a developer has the gamble - his nickname: DICE_AndyHam - a few details revealed : The maps are bigger than the maps from Battlefield 2, there were also hints in terms of destructible bridges. We find: Great news. A few even bigger maps would be - especially with longer intervals between the flags - great. And we wanted to destroy bridges have always been in Battlefield 3 ...

Close Quarters Gameplay
We are not sure whether we, the eight minutes on a fair gameplay filmed by Ziba Tower - have already shown - that is the first illustrated map from Close Quarters. For safety reasons we do so now: It looks great and playful graphics definitely quieter and less action-packed as the trailer out. Film from ...

·
PC Evangelist
47,390 Posts
If they wanted to give VoIP they would have done it by now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Meh, I think most casual players won't even use any VOIP software, but just use the standard chat functions.
And those that do use VOIP software are by now most likely used to resort to third party software.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Never understood the clamour for in game voip anyway. Get on a teamspeak or vent server if you want voice comms and do it properly.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

Never understood the clamour for in game voip anyway. Get on a teamspeak or vent server if you want voice comms and do it properly.
It would be useful for those that play with randoms. Most servers have their own third-party chat-programs for people to join so it isn't all bad. BC2 had VOIP and I never heard anyone talk on their mic besides some members on a clan-server and the endangered mic spammer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't play BF3 very much because of the lack of VOIP. The only time I play is when I have my friends on TS but I would have loved to jump on a random match every once in awhile and play with people I don't know but if I can't talk to them.. to me there is no point in playing. Typing... "look out! there's a guy on our left with an AT rockey hiding behind the fuel depot!" is useless.

Meh, I'll stick with ARMA and a dedicated community.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
In game VOIP would never be on the level of Mumble, nor even Skype for that matter, but it would still be a good thing to have to communicate with the nimrods that happen to land on your team sometimes.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Played a lot of Rainbow Six Vegas back when I first got my 360, hearing the teamwork and the crazy people was half the fun, VoIP is very important to get immersed in a game. Nobody used it on BC2 because even if it was present if didn't work 90% of the time. All the while BC1 and 2 and BF3 have perfectly working voice communications.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Apparently no one in here understand the reason people want VOIP, and don't care to understand why. There are people out there who don't like sticking to a single game the whole day such as myself. Every time you change a game you would have to then take several minutes to change chat server information. Why should I have to manually change the voice chat channel every time I wanted to talk to my teammates? Plus it is always fun meeting new people and cooperating with people you randomly met, and end up effectively using in game VOIP. Not to mention not everyone in the game wants to go through the extra effort to join a 3rd party server when the damn feature should be standard such as myself.

It pisses me off when I see people say I don't need the feature I have TS. Well that's nice, but its not all about you, other people like to communicate without being forced to use 3rd party programs.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It is very disappointing that voip will never be implemented. Although communities such as Tacticalgamer have developed their own voip plugin through TS where they have squad - squad comms and when you join a squad it will automatically switch you channels within TS. Regardless, I still play outside of my community and I'll miss being able to direct a squad or team to objectives by using ingame voip as I did in 2142. Those that remember 2142 would also remember how many people actually utilized ingame voip. Furthermore, the direction that DICE/EA has taken Battlefield has made me completely stop playing the game soon after I bought it. Battlefield will most likely never cater to players such as myself again and with that I'll most likely stick to ARMA and the Project Reality community and more than likely never purchase another Battlefield title again.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousLegend View Post

Apparently no one in here understand the reason people want VOIP, and don't care to understand why. There are people out there who don't like sticking to a single game the whole day such as myself. Every time you change a game you would have to then take several minutes to change chat server information. Why should I have to manually change the voice chat channel every time I wanted to talk to my teammates? Plus it is always fun meeting new people and cooperating with people you randomly met, and end up effectively using in game VOIP. Not to mention not everyone in the game wants to go through the extra effort to join a 3rd party server when the damn feature should be standard such as myself.
It pisses me off when I see people say I don't need the feature I have TS. Well that's nice, but its not all about you, other people like to communicate without being forced to use 3rd party programs.
Right with you bud

My BF3 time has dropped drastically once I got CS:GO beta

·
Old and Crochity
5,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousLegend View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogiehouser View Post

It is very disappointing that voip will never be implemented. Although communities such as Tacticalgamer have developed their own voip plugin through TS where they have squad - squad comms and when you join a squad it will automatically switch you channels within TS. Regardless, I still play outside of my community and I'll miss being able to direct a squad or team to objectives by using ingame voip as I did in 2142. Those that remember 2142 would also remember how many people actually utilized ingame voip. Furthermore, the direction that DICE/EA has taken Battlefield has made me completely stop playing the game soon after I bought it. Battlefield will most likely never cater to players such as myself again and with that I'll most likely stick to ARMA and the Project Reality community and more than likely never purchase another Battlefield title again.
this and this.. btw love tactical gamer but I dont have the time to switch Teamspeak (or mumbler or ventrilo depending on which freaking one they use) every time I switch servers.

Well, it was a good ride while it lasted BF... EA you just lost a customer.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Meh, I never expected dice to do any more work than they have to. They did not fix BF2, BF 2142. Why should BF3 be any different? I can't wait to see how many people jump ship with the likes of cs go and of course new cod titles.

They offer distractions like the upcoming DLC, but in my eyes that is just stuff they didn't include in the game to charge us more in the end. Sad that this is the state of gaming now, DLC are planned and not as a result of what consumers actually want after a period of gameplay.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

Agree. I don't understand what the fuss is all about. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
voip in BF2 sucked but it was useful to talk to squadmates who weren't in your vent/TS. Also good for talking to your clanmates that are in your TS/Vent that you didn't want the other clan mates on the opposite team to hear.

if it's in the console versions, no excuses honestly imho.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I didn't mind the lack of VOIP at first but the way DICE keeps shooting it down pisses me off. Don't they understand how little teamwork there is on public servers because there's no way to effectively communicate. Even if you use chat most people have that set to "hidden" because it's distracting. DICE just doesn't give a damn how the game is played anymore.

·
Banned
6,500 Posts
Good. This isn't Xbox 360 COD. I want want to hear someone whinging at me on voice comms. I join Vent with my mates when I need to use VOIP.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

If they wanted to give VoIP they would have done it by now.
This.

It was never coming.
The community got their hopes up.

I enjoy not having 32 people talk in VOIP about BS, everyone giving dumb orders. That's for the console players.
Just chat with the friends in your group. 4 players can decide a match with good team work.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts